HAAD License for German Dental Assistant / Hygienist

Dear Expats,

I would like to prepare for working as dental assistant in Abu Dhabi. Can anyone please assist with the following questions on HAAD licensing:

- is UAE accepting German Dental Assistant Apprenticeship ("Ausbildung")?
- Any experience with obtaining the HAAD license as German trained dental assistant / hygienist?
- How to get a license sponsor (not work visa sponsor, but HAAD license requirements require a clinical sponsor for obtaining the HAAD license)
- What is the Certificate of Good Standing, where and how to obtain it (I was working in Germany for the last 10 years)

Appreciate your feedback/comments.
Thanks.

- is UAE accepting German Dental Assistant Apprenticeship (Ausbildung)?

Answer: Yes

- Any experience with obtaining the HAAD license as German trained dental assistant / hygienist?

Answer: Yes. I am looking for my HAAD License since September 2017. Now I am confirmed to the exam and I will have my exam on November 2017 in Abu Dhabi. To get the license it is very complex and you have to write a lots of E-mails to German Dentist Association.

- How to get a license sponsor (not work visa sponsor, but HAAD license requirements require a clinical sponsor for obtaining the HAAD license)

Answer: You can also apply without a sponsor. Later you have to involve a sponsor in UAE (a dentist in UAE). To apply for a job, the dentists often wants to see how your status at HAAD is (so they can see how long it will be take to get then final confirmation for the HAAD License...)

- What is the Certificate of Good Standing, where and how to obtain it (I was working in Germany for the last 10 years)

Answer: That was the hardest part of my application. At the end I know: There is definitely NO Certificate of Good Standing for non-regulated professions like Dental Assistant (the certificate is in Germany only available for Dentists!). But you have to get a written confirmation from your local Dentists Association in Germany to prove this statement.

You are living in Abu Dhbai or in Germany? If you want, you can contact my husband [email protected] - he knows the HAAD License process very well.

Greetings, Ilona

Dear Ilona Teufel,

A friend of mine seems also having hard times while applying for HAAD license.

Would it be ok if I share your husband's e-mail with her, so that she could ask some questions about the process of application with HAAD ?

Kind Regards,