The Maldives' most expensive cities

Hello everyone,

What are the most expensive cities to live in Maldives? What are the costs of things such as rent, utilities, weekly groceries, dining out, etc.?

What is the lifestyle like in these cities, for expats and locals?

What are the different neighbourhoods like? Are there more affordable areas?

Do you have any experience living in any of the Maldives' most expensive cities? What was it like?

Which cities in Maldives would you recommend? Are there any that offer particularly good value for money when it comes to cost of living?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

My innocent darling
Maldives don't have any cities,townships.All county comprises of approximately 11-12 hundred islands including capital city's Male is an island.amd other big island called Atoll small called island.100 are inhabited and rest are for ghosts living including inhabitant islands.anything else.but foreigners are not welcomed anywhere only foreigners money is welcomed everywhere by locals.my and my colleague friends personal experience and observation
Thanks

Maldives two main islands are Male' and Hulhumale. Male is overcrowded with people, cars and motorbikes, making already narrow lanes and roads more narrow for pedestrians to walk. Hulhumale is the new island (reclaimed land) where all the construction is going on at the moment. I think the most affordable place in Maldives is Hulhumale. It has nice beach and some quest houses facing beach are very affordable from 50USD to 100USD per night. Food is not cheap in Maldives, I am talking about decent western or asian cuisine, not local cafeterias. I would say everyday food cost of one person for three meals would be around 500 Rufiyaa (local currency), which is like USD35 per day. So, if you are a budget traveler, living and food cost would be around USD85 per person. There are guest houses on beach front which provide water sports service i.e. jet skiing, diving, snorkeling, boat trips to other islands etc.

Hi thanks for likening my post.
What sort of job you are looking for.
So I could guide you if appropriate.
Regards