Cost of living in accra

Dear all,

I got a job offer from Accra, GHANA in retail industry as an expat with a pay of 1300 USD per month + free bachelor accommodation, transportation( official)+ medical + utility bill+ food

Could you guys suggest if its a fair offer for living in accra ghana?

thanks

jiten

Hi Jiten,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Your topic has been introduced as a new thread on the Accra forum for better visibility.

Hope other members will give you info about cost of living in Accra very soon.

Wish you good luck
Christine

hi Christine

thanks and noted !!

rgds

jiten

Hello.its reallz fair.i think with that money and with all that incentives its really ok becouse the cost of living is very moderate.i believe its ok.
Best Regards
Solomon. czech Rep.

hello,

I'm planning to move to Accra in the coming before the end of the year. i would like to have more info about the cost of living and specially:
- House rental.
- SUV Rental.
- Cost of food.

thanks for your help,

Hicham

If you look back over previous topics you will find all your questions answered.
House rental depends on where you want to live and the type of house.
I don't know if you can rent a car on a long term basis but it might be possible
Food is relatively expensive especially for anything that is imported.

I've only been here a few weeks, but I think you should be just about OK, providing you don't live too extravagant a lifestyle. If you're sensible, you should no issues.

It's definitely more expensive than I imagined and had initially budgeted for. If you''re planning on saving some money it could be tough.

On the plus side, it's a wonderful city and I'm sure you'll love it.

I am new to this forum ( my first post 0 so please if I amnot doing something correct please guide me. I am also not a computer savvy person so dont give me a lot of jargon .

That said I want to migrate to GHANA  from Aus find a good lady view to marriage and settle down and live my retirement years here. I am age 59 by the way,and do have a health concern of diabetes ( insulin dependent) .

People say cost of living is High -- please can someone give me a general idea on cost of renting a house ( 3 brm) air con screens in a safe area close to most amenities, cost of food and elctricity and water per month, cost of maid per month to clean and service house. I appreciate tastes can vary and so costs vary but as a guide to helping me consider your average cost and add 20%. This will give me a guide.

Hi,
Not sure if you are genuine but I will try and give you some advice.
Medication and medical treatment here is quite expensive so you would need to think about the availability of the drugs you require before you come.
The sort of house you require would cost US$1500+ per month and you are expected to pay 2 years up front when you get the lease.
Water is about US$20 a month and electricity around US$100 if you have aircon etc.
If you have someone living in your house you should pay around US$150 a month - could be more if they come in on a daily basis.
I have retired here but we have our own house and I don't have any health issues. I am enjoying life here very much but remember that Ghanaian wives have quite expensive tastes and large extended families!

Hi

I arrive on Ghana's land in December 2013.

I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.

Hi Jiten,
Welcome on expat-blog.com!
Its can be a fair offer for living in Accra,according to me.
You are very lucky,cause your company will pay about 90percent over actings(accommodation, transportation( official)+ medical + utility bill+ food.In Accra,everything is expensive.So you need to manage,tht is Accra life.
Its a good opportunity for the begining.
Cheers!