How to send money home

Dear All

My name is Jess, I am currently working for Western Union Vietnam
I make this topic for exchange the sending money home issues for expatriate who live and work in Vietnam.
As you know, the Vietnamese government law is very strict about sending money overseas, since they need to manage the foreign currency.
If you want to send your salary home, you need to show these documents:
- Labour contract
- Payment Slip
- Passport with valid visa
How about you? Can you share how you send money home, or what kind of difficulties do you have sending money home?
I would like to help you
Thanks & Regards

thanks forr the information.
Hugs
Alfonso

alfonsosixto wrote:

thanks forr the information.
Hugs
Alfonso

Your welcome Alfonso.
Have a nice day, everybody

Thank you so much for the information.  I am planning on opening a bank account in the next few days.  Which bank is the best for me to go with?  I need to send about $700 USD home a month to pay off old debts.

Thank you for your time.

thi is what i was looking for. Thank you so much Jess.

The defining authority for overseas transfers is VietComBank. They are paper hounds but they can make things easier.

The HCMC head office is located near Pasteur on the service road of the East-West Expressway.

The cheapest way to transfer is through SWIFT. Western Union ad Moneygram are the most expensive and impose US law, along with VN law, on transfers. Only use them as a last resort.

SWIFT is the international banking money exchange system (heavily monitored by the U,S, government) which based in Europe.

SWIFT has FIXED CHARGES, unlike Western Union or Moneygram. SWIFT will transfer money to VN (in USD) to any bank of your choosing.

Moneygram and Western Union will only deliver money, on production of TWO pieces of photo ID, in VN Dong. In other words, they screw you on the exchange. Their problem is they are not 'banks', just like PayPal.

When you use SWIFT you must have full bank/branch/account info of the bank it is being sent to - the bank account need not be your own. Last time I used it the fee was USD$12.

I send money via Wells Fargo Bank here in the US to Vietin Bank.  The first transfer you have to do in person at any branch but after that you can do it on your computer at home.  The Vietin Bank will give you US currency.  The charge is $6.50 per transfer.

So you say that Western Union and Moneygram will send money with two pieces of photo ID in VN Dong.  Do I also need a payslip and Work Contract with a stamp?