Release Letter, VDR and child passport

Hello dears,

I am a foreigner and employed by a local Company in KL. Currently signed offer letter of another Company in KL.

My current EP will be finished on 25 October 2017 and I want to start my job in another company immediately after this without leaving Malaysia. But my current Company not providing me with a Release Letter. And my future company saying that if no release letter, they can only submit my documents on 26 Oct 2017 (MDEC representative also confirming this ) for Stage 1. So it means I have to leave Malaysia (which I want to avoid, as I have family of 4 and it will be very costly to leave and come back again).

So my questions are:
1. Is there any way for me to change my job (taking into account above situation) without leaving Malaysia and with no Release Letter?
2. If in case I have to leave Malaysia, is it possible to go to nearby countries (Cambodia, Thailand, ...) to get the VDR?
3. My child's passport expires in 10 months and my new company telling me that I have to renew it as new immigration rules says about 12 months passport validity. Is there any way that I can get some other visa type like social visa to avoid traveling back to my country only for 1 child passport renewal (As this is the only way to renew the passport for my Country) ?

Thanks in advance!

1. Is there any way for me to change my job (taking into account above situation) without leaving Malaysia and with no Release Letter?

This has all been done last minute which is why you are facing problems
You may be able to get a social visit pass issued in Putrajaya
As there is a gap in employment, immigration may invoke the rule that you have to be outside the country during Stage I processing.

2. If in case I have to leave Malaysia, is it possible to go to nearby countries (Cambodia, Thailand, ...) to get the VDR?
You can state which Malaysian High Commission you will go to for the VDR.
But be aware processing of Stage I can take a month or longer.

3. My child's passport expires in 10 months and my new company telling me that I have to renew it as new immigration rules says about 12 months passport validity. Is there any way that I can get some other visa type like social visa to avoid traveling back to my country only for 1 child passport renewal (As this is the only way to renew the passport for my Country) ?

Renew the passport asap because if your new jobs comes off, you only have 30 days to submit the passports for endorsement (Stage II).

Check with the Indian High Commission in Malaysia for passport renewals
https://www.indianhighcommission.com.my … ular.html#