Travelling in Romania

Hi,

Any comments on the procedure of getting a visa to romania. I am married to Romanian but we currently reside in Netherlands. I am currently holding a schengen visa as we are still working on my residency at the moment. I am aware of 90/180 days rule of romania visit with schengen visa. I am wondering how to get a separate visa to romania here in netherlands with my husband. thanks in advance!

Azirac wrote:

Hi,

Any comments on the procedure of getting a visa to romania. I am married to Romanian but we currently reside in Netherlands. I am currently holding a schengen visa as we are still working on my residency at the moment. I am aware of 90/180 days rule of romania visit with schengen visa. I am wondering how to get a separate visa to romania here in netherlands with my husband. thanks in advance!

Hello,

Once you obtain residency in NL, you won't require a visa to travel to Romania with your husband.  If you have a Schengen visa now, with multiple entries, again....you don't need a visa for Romania.   I'm not sure I understand why you want a separate visa for Romania, if you live in NL now.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

I was told that as long as I have not used the 90 days max stay to any schengen countries I can use whatever remaining days left in travelling to romania with schengen. Unfortunately, we might be able to go in romania later this year which means my 90 days stay period will be almost max up, though my visa validity is not yet expired, and just in case my residency by that time is still on process.