About daily transport for work in Oman

Hi, I've been offered a job in Oman, I'm not sure which city yet as they have several branches, and they do not provide transport. Instead they say transport allowance is 20 Rials.
Supposing I have to travel a few kms to work everyday (say 3 kms), is this a sufficient amount? What transport options are there for that money?
Any answer is highly appreciated. Thanks.

oaklife wrote:

Hi, I've been offered a job in Oman, I'm not sure which city yet as they have several branches, and they do not provide transport. Instead they say transport allowance is 20 Rials.
Supposing I have to travel a few kms to work everyday (say 3 kms), is this a sufficient amount? What transport options are there for that money?
Any answer is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Your query is quite vague. For questioning something, you need to specify your field of work first. Secondly, you need to be clarified pertaining to the place of work.
The transportation cost varies dramatically in every city/town of Oman. A food of thought is to get a residence at a walking distance from your work place. It would certainly save you from commuting hassles. OMR20 is considered a low ball as a transportation allowance however.

Practically you need to find place / accomodation near in your work area

20 rial is quite enough if you are the same area of your work place. But if you far.. you to do your own strategy..

Thank you for the reply, and as I said I was asking a general question with all the info I have so far. And I do not think the field of work will change the amount I have to pay for transport. But I knew a rough idea about the distance will make the question clearer, hence the 3km, to get an idea.
Anyway yes I understand your last point that it may vary depending on the area. Thanks for answering.

Thanks for the reply. Is it easy to find accommodation in most areas in Oman, or are there some areas where it's hard to find a room? Please tell me what you know about finding a room in Oman.

oaklife wrote:

Thank you for the reply, and as I said I was asking a general question with all the info I have so far. And I do not think the field of work will change the amount I have to pay for transport. But I knew a rough idea about the distance will make the question clearer, hence the 3km, to get an idea.
Anyway yes I understand your last point that it may vary depending on the area. Thanks for answering.

With the field of work, one means the nature of your job, i.e. either a pure office job (with minimal or NO outcalls or out visits) OR a job that requires an extensive outcall travel. Trust you may understand that now. This impacts practically on the place your accommodation is and the way you're commuting at your workplace.
As explained earlier, the transport allowance is a generalized amount that's an integral part of any offer, however, practically the scenarios and circumstances differ from place to place.

So Analyze your workplace and the city they gonna be deputing you versus the commuting ways out there.