Pharmacies bill insurance company directly for the purchase

Hi all,
I can't find exact information in the internet. Can pharmacies in bill insurance company  (in Winnipeg) directly for the purchase? Some people say they can, other say reverse. Please, share your experience.

Yes, they can. For me it is also very complicated to have a deal with all those billing. So I've found a pharmacy that bills insurance company directly. I don't have to pay attention to it. I just take my prescription, receive medication and nothing else.

And  i    also think It's a standard service in modern pharmacies.

There are many pharmacies that bill your insurance company directly. It's not a separate service. It is usually included to a variety of services provided. Just like prescription transfer which includes it. Just like this one for example youdrugmart.com/prescription-transfers/

I have been using it for the 4th year already. Can't imagine doing this by myself. I have been using services of my pharmacy more than 3 years. They do everything what is required and I pay only what is not covered. It's impossible to know all the aspects of those plans and it's unnecessary.