What are your MVV experiences?

We only provided our photos and alot of pages of  whattsap conversations that worked for us.

All the best

Hi :)
As for our proof of relationship, we only provided plane tickets and pictures, and the story including the dates as to how and where we have met. Ours was only like four pages and it worked for us. The trick with embassies and visa applications when asking for proof is to provide them with as much pictures as you can, but not too much.

Also, we didn't provide ANY emails or conversations as we want to protect our privacy. This part is also optional and you don't HAVE to do it.

Good luck! :)

Thank you so much guys! :)

It shouldn't take more than 48 hours

We applied on 20 November 2017 and we are still waiting for a response. We call regularly (which is not very helpful as they don't provide much info) The process is very long and quite frustrating as we started in July 2017 to book for the exam, only got a date in September 2017 to write, results took 6 weeks and then we applied. - so it's been about 7 months since we started the process

HIEP HIEP HOERA . . .
HIEP HIEP HOERA . . .

I just recieved my MVV Approval, we applied on 14 December and processing time was 54 days (7 weeks & 5 days).

Documents required:-

1) A copy of IND Approval.
2) The completed and signed 'Application form for mvv' (tedownload via the website www.nederlandenu.nl).
3) His/Her national passport.
4) A new passport photo that has not been used before (see the explanation below);
5) A copy of (your photo and personal details of) your passport;
6) The DUO mail showing that he has passed the basic exam integration abroad;
7) The original marriage certificate. (Legalized By Dutch Embassy if married Outside).

Good Luck Everyone

HIEP HIEP HOERA . . .
HIEP HIEP HOERA . . .

I just recieved my MVV Approval, we applied on 14 December and processing time was 54 days (7 weeks & 5 days).

Documents required:-

1) A copy of IND Approval.
2) The completed and signed 'Application form for mvv' (tedownload via the website www.nederlandenu.nl).
3) His/Her national passport.
4) A new passport photo that has not been used before (see the explanation below);
5) A copy of (your photo and personal details of) your passport;
6) The DUO mail showing that he has passed the basic exam integration abroad;
7) The original marriage certificate. (Legalized By Dutch Embassy if married Outside).

Good Luck Everyone

Congratulations on your approval! :)

Congratulations! I'm going to have my basic civi intergration Exam on April 12 😅

risabel.c wrote:

Congratulations! I'm going to have my basic civi intergration Exam on April 12 😅

Thanks . . . Good luck with your exam and hope your 100% ready for it by now

Keep us updated

heynutzzzz wrote:

Congratulations on your approval! :)

Thanks alot my friend

Congratulations on your MVV approval! 😉
Waiting for mine. 🤔

Elf mabrouk 😉

Congratulations for those who have no clue what I wrote above.

Congrats!!!! So happy for you :) We submitted all our stuff yesterday to our lawyer and she will start the process now :) fingers crossed!! :D

Congrats  to you The Realishmail. Happy for you .

Primadonna wrote:

Elf mabrouk 😉

Congratulations for those who have no clue what I wrote above.

HAHAHA KELLK ZOOG

Really appreciate it . . .

MaldivianMermaid wrote:

Congrats!!!! So happy for you :) We submitted all our stuff yesterday to our lawyer and she will start the process now :) fingers crossed!! :D

Thanks my friend and wish you and everyone else good luck

niru2709 wrote:

Congrats  to you The Realishmail. Happy for you .

Thanks my friend I appreciate it

mywindmillstories wrote:

Congratulations on your MVV approval! 😉
Waiting for mine. 🤔

Thanks my friend & Good luck

I'm studying dutch as much as I can as I am also a student of french language and culture here in France. It's hard to learn to languages at the same time and I'm really pressured for my exam in April 12. We are also starting to begin with the documents needed to pass at the ind as most of my papers are coming from the Philippines and it takes so long to verify and process things. I also have a conflict with my proof/ declaration of unmarried status, as I am living here in France I am also required to have a declaration of unmarried status coming from my country of continues residence, the problem is that the french government is not providing this for foreigners like me, even the alternative document which is what their asking (extract) doesn't exist here in France. I'm getting all confused and frustrated with it actually, we called and emailed them every time regarding this.

Hi risabel,  just a suggestion!!! why don't you go back to your country and get all your documents in order ? I think it would make things easier for you. I was in my country when I did my exams along with my mvv procedures . It took me approximately 4 months but was worth it al .. I had to go to another country back n Forth to do my exams . Documentation legalized and to uplift my mvv. I think the longer you wait in France . The harder for you .

🙂

niru2709 wrote:

Hi risabel,  just a suggestion!!! why don't you go back to your country and get all your documents in order ? I think it would make things easier for you. I was in my country when I did my exams along with my mvv procedures . It took me approximately 4 months but was worth it al .. I had to go to another country back n Forth to do my exams . Documentation legalized and to uplift my mvv. I think the longer you wait in France . The harder for you .

I am currently studying here in France and I am actually having all my documents requested as early as now since even if I will process it only after I got my result with the Basic Civic Integration Exam. It's just complicated to go back and forth in the Philippines since 1. I am still studying and have classes 2. I am also working so I just can't drop and pack my luggage bag and hop in to the next flight. but thank you for your advice

Hello everyone! 😊

risabel.c wrote:

I'm studying dutch as much as I can as I am also a student of french language and culture here in France. It's hard to learn to languages at the same time and I'm really pressured for my exam in April 12. We are also starting to begin with the documents needed to pass at the ind as most of my papers are coming from the Philippines and it takes so long to verify and process things. I also have a conflict with my proof/ declaration of unmarried status, as I am living here in France I am also required to have a declaration of unmarried status coming from my country of continues residence, the problem is that the french government is not providing this for foreigners like me, even the alternative document which is what their asking (extract) doesn't exist here in France. I'm getting all confused and frustrated with it actually, we called and emailed them every time regarding this.

Hi there!

Wow! I can feel your frustrations. Ppfff! Just reading your message made me think that what I am experiencing with my MVV process is nothing compare to what your'e going through. (Pls dont get me wrong. I dont mean to offend you 😅✌) I just know how stressful it is in the beginning especially if you are not in your home country which apparently the same in my case. (partly) 😁 But just a question, since you have a residency in France have you tried going to the city hall where you are residing and ask for single status certificate? And where are you going to take your basic exam? If you are preparing your IND docs before your exam I think you should wait until you passed it. From what I know you just have to prove your legal stay in France translated in English -- (on that matter I'm no expert 😁) But like I said your situation is special and complicated.

I'm not sure if this would be any help to you but I hope you'll be able to find ways on your mvv process. And goodluck with your upcoming exam. 😉

risabel.c wrote:

Its always recommended that you apply from your home country opposed to applying from another country. It saves a lot of time because you need so much documentation that you cant get from where you are now.

I also asked for that in the Mairie (town hall) but they don't have any documents like this except for the certificat de célibat that is like what I said provided only for the french nationals. For them they also just put and ep (épouse) before the surname of the husband just to signified you are married. Like that's already for them the proof that your married or not married. It's really frustrating because you don't know where to stand. Well we are actually doing this as here in France as we thought it would be easier to process and acquire the visa here. But we will do our best to hopefully find a solution. Fingers crossed

Btw I will have my exam in the Embassy in Paris. Thank you!

Well that is for sure better, but like I've said before I also have things going on in here in France and we are also just hopeful that it would work. Because it's also a waste of time to be back in my home country, it will be also harder with the distance and time difference.

Aww now I understand well sorry .. I hope things work out for you ASAP .

Proof of marital status should be provided by your embassy anywhere .. have u tried that?

No biggie! I'm hoping it would work out too

Well the proof of marital status coming from the philippine government will be the one coming from the philippines which is my country of birth.  :(

Try my suggestion . . And update us . . I did the same and got married in Thailand using that paper . . .
But if they issue it for you then you may need to do the following:-

1) Legalize it from the ministry of forigen affairs.

2) Dutch Embassy in Paris.

Hope it works for you

Hi Risabel, I may have some tips for you as I have applied from a different country than my home country.

I applied from Japan and is registered in Japan as a Filipino national, of course they don't provide the proof of marriage or non-marriage like a normal Japanese national, but what I did is, I got a residence registration from the town hall because it has all the names of the people you are living with in a house or address you currently reside in, and your relationship to those people. Of course if you live alone and is not married to anyone. it should appear there right? I got that paper and I had the apostille stamp on it to legalise it. And then right after that I had the document translated to dutch because it's in Japanese, then I got the documents from the Philippines online (do this ahead of time because this takes long to arrive) and then we planned on having it authenticated online because there is a way if you are a Filipino abroad and is far from the PH just to legalise a document, but since we are running out of time at the time that the IND said they needed things legalised, I just went back to the PH to legalise it personally. After which I went back to Japan to process my application because I applied in Japan which is my continued country of residence and the application is approved.

Ofcourse applying in your home country is easier, but it's a case by case basis. For people who are like us that is living in a different country during the application, it is not always easy, but there are ways! :)

TheRealismail wrote:

Try my suggestion . . And update us . . I did the same and got married in Thailand using that paper . . .
But if they issue it for you then you may need to do the following:-

1) Legalize it from the ministry of forigen affairs.

2) Dutch Embassy in Paris.

Hope it works for you

Hi. The Philippine embassy anywhere doesn't provide such paper or proof, I have tried it. They can only be attained from the National Statistics Office in the Philippines. They also can provide it online and legalise it online but it will take time.

I got my mvv 2 weeks before the 90 day deadline 😊

Hello guys, my husband and I are waiting for MVV approval. I got information for collecting visa from Dutch office in Taiwan, they said I need copies of my husband's passport & ID card, but according to my husband, he said almost no Dutch has ID card. Here's my question, is it really necessary to have a copy of Dutch ID card? Can we maybe use Dutch driver license instead?

No ID Required just take a copy of his passport & the original legalized marriage certificate, when you get the IND letter you can read there the required documents of your case but mainly its all the same when it comes to married couples.

Good luck ...