What are your MVV experiences?

Hello.
Based from my understanding, you just need to have the form filled up by your doctor and send it together with your application for mvv. :)

Thank you so much! :) i really appreciate it

Hi all, I have arrived in the Netherlands on the 8th of November with an MVV. I know there are a few more steps that I need to follow in the NL in order to obtain the residence card. Can someone clearly outline the sequence of the next steps that need to be followed after the arrival to the NL, i.e, registering at the municipality (5 days vs 5 working days; or is it the first thing that one needs to do after arriving to the NL); any interaction with the IND (does one need to let the IND know about his/her arrival to the NL, if yes how; collecting the residence cards, etc).
I would be grateful if you could explain the details of it with me. Many thanks

Message sent. :)

Finally! I got a positive respond from IND of my second application it took only  around 3-4 weeks for the second application to be answered :)

I am so glad.. thank you for  this post that I can sharing and we are all sharing of our experiences.I wish a really best of luck of others that are still waiting or  applying.

Btw, we should meet somewhere in Netherlands hahaa it would be fun :D

YAAY that is such a great news! You have waited super long and I am super happy for you! :) <3

kt4gever wrote:

Finally! I got a positive respond from IND of my second application it took only  around 3-4 weeks for the second application to be answered :)

I am so glad.. thank you for  this post that I can sharing and we are all sharing of our experiences.I wish a really best of luck of others that are still waiting or  applying.

Btw, we should meet somewhere in Netherlands hahaa it would be fun :D

Congratulations!
Finally a new step in your life.

All the best and take care.

HI Prav,

Thank you for your reply and the links which is very helpful. I am planning on taking my exam this coming January or early February. Since there is no dutch embassy in the Maldives I have to fly to Srilanka to do the exam. Bummer!

Im studying everyday with my partner. He is a busy man working but still he gives all the time he have to practice with me. :):) How long did it take for you to get ready for the exam? I started learning end of October and now I am doing pretty good. I am very confident that i can pass the exam. Fingers crossed! :) Goodluck with everything

Thank you for your help!

Cheers!
Sara

MaldivianMermaid wrote:

HI Prav,

Thank you for your reply and the links which is very helpful. I am planning on taking my exam this coming January or early February. Since there is no dutch embassy in the Maldives I have to fly to Srilanka to do the exam. Bummer!

Im studying everyday with my partner. He is a busy man working but still he gives all the time he have to practice with me. :):) How long did it take for you to get ready for the exam? I started learning end of October and now I am doing pretty good. I am very confident that i can pass the exam. Fingers crossed! :) Goodluck with everything

Thank you for your help!

Cheers!
Sara

Good luck my friend and hope it works soon for you two ... keep that spirit and keep the practice and you might be ready in no time ... the link below have the actual speaking part questions ..

https://www.naarnederland.nl/en/

Happy for those who has made it finally and good luck for the rest of us  :D

Congratulations to everyone who has already received a positive answer!

I am from Mexico and I am also in the waiting period for the MVV.
My husband submitted the papers on September 6 and still we haven't received an answer.....

Reading all of your experiences has help me a lot and like you said is matter of time a lotsssss of patience.  I feel that here we find other people who can understand our frustration and feelings.

Btw is there by any chance someone who also submitted in September and they already got an answer?

Groetjes!

Thank you :)

Hello :) Welcome to the forum!
Please feel free to ask questions if you have any, and all of us here will try our best to answer.
Good luck <3

Hi
Its good to read about your experiences...my partner is Dutch & i am from Kenya.We are waiting to hear from the IND.Our deadline is 25th of December😷.I hope they give us a nice Christmass gift.
All the best to everyone who is waiting like us.

Joan

We submitted on 25th of september and no answer😕

MVV for my family is rejected as I shown bank statement of my spouse. IND objected that financial requirement should be met by me (sponser). Now shall I appeal against the decision? after transferring the required amount to my own account? suggestion please?

Hi.

When I did an internship in Holland my MVV was approved in 2 to 3 weeks. I was surprised at how fast it was.

Now I am in another situation. My boyfriend and I want to apply for my residence permit as unmarried partners. He doesn't meet the minimum income requirement, studying and working half time but he has savings.

We have called the IND but they haven't given is a clear answer regarding this, some of them were not even aware of this rule on the IND website:

Until 1 January 2018 applies: The income from your own funds is sufficient when 4% of these funds, converted per month, at least equals the income requirement.

QUESTION: We want to know if that means that 4% of his savings should equal one month of salary. Does anyone have experience with this?

Because after January 1st, the law changes:
From 1 January 2018 applies: The income from your own funds is sufficient when the benefit from the base of savings and investments at least equals the income requirement.

Feedback would be very appreciated.

Hi!

My bf and I want to apply for a partner permit for me. We have been in a relationship for 5 years but currently we are not living together. I am in Mexico.

I was wondering if as a non EU citizen I could apply for a residence permit change within the Netherlands, say I go to there for work reasons and then decide to apply for a change of purpose. Could this process be done while I am legally residing in Holland and also, could I take the civic integration exam there or would I have to return to my country first?

Anyone has any knowledge or experience?

Thanks.

Hi! I just applied for the Mvv, almost one month ago, and I would like to hear from you how long it took for you to get the approval or refuse (if you got this, why was the reason?) and if you are still waiting for it as I am, would be nice to hear your stories. Thanks!

For me I just got my results so I wouldnt just yet as we will apply by the end on this month, but according to my understanding this process may take up to 3 months maximum.. so good luck in advance

MVV application may take up to 90 days. It took almost 90 days for me to get the approval from IND. Wether it is an approval or a refusal from the IND it can take up to 90 days.

Some of the reasons for refusal can be a lacking document, unlegalised document, insufficient income for the sponsor (based on IND criteria).

The results vary on each person, no application is the same.

Good luck.

Hi everyone!

How long did it take for IND to send acknowldegement receipt after you submitted your application for mvv?  We submitted mine 2 mos ago thru my husband's relocation agency in amsterdam but still no acknowldegement or anything at all. We were told they can follow up after 3 mos only. Based on your experiences does it really take that long for IND just to send acknowledgement receipt?

Thanks!
Malaya

Hello Malaya,

We received our acknowledgement receipt after about a week, it also came with a letter for the payment for the whole process. We paid immediately and they sent another letter of the receipt of payment the next day.

heynutzzzz wrote:

Hello Malaya,

We received our acknowledgement receipt after about a week, it also came with a letter for the payment for the whole process. We paid immediately and they sent another letter of the receipt of payment the next day.

Mine too . . . within 10 days time

Malaya27     Your husband need to call the ind and find out wats going on. Mine took with 10 days but on hold at the moment

Thanks guys for the replies. We called IND and our application is on hold.

I got my mvv approval in 7 weeks .. would have gotten it earlier but I had to get 2 documents that took 8 days . My basic exams took 6 weeks . So I m happy happy 😊. I wish all those who going thru this experience success .

niru2709 wrote:

I got my mvv approval in 7 weeks .. would have gotten it earlier but I had to get 2 documents that took 8 days . My basic exams took 6 weeks . So I m happy happy 😊. I wish all those who going thru this experience success .

Congratulations Niru and wish you a happy lifetime with your partner

Thanks for sharing

Hi everyone! We are planning to process my papers this year. I'm a Filipina who's currently studying and working as an au pair here in France. I am still currently studying for the Basic Civic Integration Exam. I'm planning to take the exam on March latest would be April. I was told that I can process my papers here in France and even have my exam in Paris, I emailed them (the embassy of Netherlands) yesterday about this but I haven't got a reply yet. I just want to ask if you can choose a schedule on when to take it or will they assign a specific date to you? Another question would be how's the exam? I'm actually freaking out about it as it's quite confusing for me to learn two language at the same time.

Hello risabel and welcome to the forum.

When I took my Basic Civic Integration Exams in Japan, I emailed the consul / the person responsible for the exam in the embassy that I would like to make an appointment and I also indicated when I would like to take the exam. They would then confirm your appointment request if you could take your exam at that time and date, if not, they would give you an optional date and time. Most of the time, they would make time for your requested date and time if in case they are busy during that season.

There is a sample exam in the site naarnederlands. The test is exactly the same as it is in the sample exam. Most of the contents of the exam for the KNS is in the videos provided in naarnederlands, so I think it would be a good help.

Good luck!

Thank you!

Dear all.. I have a question ... after getting you positive decision .. how long did it take after handing your passport to the Embassy to get the sticker on your passport?

Hi The Realishmail
Did you get your approval .. if so congrats 👏👏👏👏 wish u success.. as for your question  I think it takes 3 to 5 working days but also it varies on which country it is .
Good luck

No I haven't yet but need to know the avarage as I will need to arrange my bookings and all related matters in advance (Work, Finance, etc) ... Thanks for your reply & wishes my friend

Yur welcome ... how many weeks your waiting now??

6 or 7 weeks now .. deadline is 14 March ..

Oh .. ur in yur 5 going to 6 weeks .. I hope u hear soon ..

Hello :)

After receiving the positive decision, I have made an appointment with the embassy in Japan on the days they are available. After handing my passport to the embassy, I was advised that the maximum time it would take for the passport to be returned to me was 2 weeks. But then I got my passport back within 4 days. I think it depends on the embassy in where you are.

Hi guys,

Me and my partner, we are preparing our application for the MVV and want to ask about the proof of relationship part. What kind of documents did you guys submit? (Eg: Travel tickets, conversations between us, photos and what else??

Do you have to go into a lot of details in proof of relationship part? Like screenshots, emails and dates of the msges and photos sent?