Finding work

Hello everyone

I'm moving to Romania in just over a month to be with my boyfriend as he starts a new job (hopefully!). We think we will be in Brasov.

Please can anyone help with how I should go about finding work? My Romanian is basic but I learn languages fast. I would ideally take an English speaking job but I don't know how readily available these are? Or where to look.

Any advice would be fantastic.  Also would love to meet up with anyone when I'm out there to chat and have a coffee.

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Without fluent Romanian, your prospects may be quite limited, as you will be competing against Romanian locals who also speak English.  There are multinational IT companies where English alone may be ok. You didn't mention your domain of experience.  In any case, learning Romanian should be a top priority if you're going to spend any significant time here and navigate daily life.  Didn't you ask your boyfriend about finding a job?

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hi. I have just moved to Brasov with my husband and two young children. It is beautiful here and the people are so friendly!
I am an qualified English teacher and I have to say work here in Brasov is proving quite difficult to find. I am searching every day and contacting places that aren't advertising to leave my CV. There appears to be a lot more work in Bucherest for English speakers but, that's approx 3 hrs from here. Fortunately my husband already had a job before we came here, so it's just me looking. If I was you, I would start looking on the job sites now.
If I can assist with anything, please do get in touch. I wish you every happiness in your new chapter.
Gemma

As Romaniac says, English isn't a huge advantage, although there are some jobs where not knowing Romanian won't necessarily be a disadvantage (but do learn it; it's not that hard and will make life more fun).

Here are a few sites advertising jobs in Brasov with a focus on native-level English:

Best jobs

Hipo

It's just a start. It'll be a lot easier when you're on the ground. It'd help us to know what training, education and skills you have.

Thank you. Yes I have asked him. He said starting to look and investigate now.

I learn languages quickly and I k ow some Romanian already. I am trying to learn online. But it's hard not with native speakers. I learn well being immersed and listening to the native speakers.

Oh my domain is hospitality and tourism. 16 years experience in this area and as a manager.