Two month stay in the DR

Hello

Myself and my friend (age 28 and 23) are from Scotland and have been on holiday a number of times to a hotel in playa dorada. We are holidaying again on 21st November for two weeks and would like not to return on our flight and remain in the area for 8weeks before going travelling to Asia. Can anyone offer any advice on how easy it will be to find budget but safe accommodation for that length of time and what area this would be best to do in  and also how easy it is to get about and find our way without speaking Spanish. Thanks 😀

This site is a good place to start your search. High season is fast approaching so find a place quickly. Is a 1 bedroom apt. OK?  Around $400 to $500 a month in your range? If so, PM me. I know of a couple of places. There enough stores, restaurants & expats in Sosua to facilitate your needs. Good luck & welcome.

When you are here at the hotel, take a day to come into Puerto Plata to look around, lotsnof tourist type apartments available. Or head to Costambar and same lots of apts available.

Sosua and cabarete are also viable options

That's great thanks. Would you recommend Sousa then? Yes a one bedroom would be fine. We would be looking to make our stay as cheap as we can as we need to make money last for the rest of our travels. I found some good value places on air bnb any experience of using that over there or anyone who has? Thanks

Air bnb works fine here too!!!!

another place, 1 bdrm, cable, Wi-Fi, balcony,  $350 per month. I am not an agent & not connected  to these places.

Thanks that's really helpful. Where is that apartment located?

Close to Supra Pola, just a block off Pedro Clisante. Quiet area yet walking distance to the beach & everything else in town.  Will get contact # for you. I lived there for two years & enjoyed it.