Close

Rejected application for ESD expertise

Good afternoon

I am a graduated  international student in Malaysia, However I have a student visa until end of octoer 2017, I already found a job in private company which is Sdn Bhd and they successfully registered their company under ESD and approved their quota to hire foreigner.
they submitted my application however is rejected! is it because currently I have student pass and still in Malaysia ?
Please help me if u have same experience or knowledge
Thanks

It is only possible to hold one visa at a time and therefore an application cannot be made while holding a  valid student visa. 

There are new salary levels (1 September 2017) controlling which EP can be applied for and therefore the surrounding rules. https://home.kpmg.com/xx/en/home/insigh … 07.html#04

There was a rule that started in August 2016 that while Stage 1 application for an EP is being considered by immigration etc., the person must be outside Malaysia. In the past, students may not have had to leave the country, but the employer should now clarify this with ESD.

Some nationalities also require a calling visa (Visa with Reference) to enter and take up a job. They are countries that ordinarily require a visa to enter Malaysia.

https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/esdguidebook-v3.pdf (This guide has not yet been updated with the new rules regarding salary).

Currently the above process is taking 2-3 months.

Immigration require that positions have been advertised and the employer has to prove that no qualified local candidates applied for the job. This is to ensure that the local workforce are given priority for employment.

Do also be aware that to get  professional pass the applicant needs at least two year's relevant professional experience.

I really appropriated your time and all information, the company offered me 5000 RM for this position , however i had 8 years experience before i came to Malaysia,
My work experiences are between 2001-2009 ( I came to Malaysia for further study on 2009 until now) is it consider for this type of visa?
base on your advice i can only carry one visa , maybe the reason for rejection is that.

Once you leave the country and provide the employer with  a copy of the exit stamp in your passport, the application could be resubmitted.

That's great, in their website they mentioned that the application will take 5 working days, is it reliable?
Do you think my 8 years experiences will consider since it was before entering Malaysia?

Thank you

Definitely misleading as there are different phases in the process and several authorisations are needed before the final ESD one. People applying for EPs are writing on this forum 6-8 weeks is current processing time. The experience has to be "relevant" to the job offer/qualification.

Noted and Thanks, my job experiences are relevant but there is a gap between my previous job and now due my education purposes.

5 working days is the processing time after all the documents required are submitted are complete

I would stop using any energy to interpret the rules. As mentioned, because of public holidays and backlog applications are taking  minimum of 1-2 months from the time they are submitted. i.e. when you send evidence you have left the country. Someone reported  4 month delay before a rejection today.

Pretty much all government approvals are very slow right now. I have a package that's been in Customs for a month, typically they're processed less than two weeks and sometimes within a week.

But the first step needs to be that the company takes necessary action to prove that a local Malaysian cannot be hired to do the job. This  means advertising the position and obtaining applicants in a transparent manner. The employer may need to ask what paperwork immigration require to see.

The applicant must understand that they have to take into account the time the agent takes to compile all the documents and if all the documents are complete. The delay is when the documents are insufficient or not following immigration requirements. They also have to know that in order for the company to apply for the EP..they hv to register with ESD first and this takes months because they want all the licenses in place. But if all your documents are complete and the immigration doesn't require additional documents, the processing time is 5 days and if no reply within 5 days we can contact myexpat

Expatriate health insurance in Malaysia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Malaysia

Moving to Malaysia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Malaysia

International Wealth Management

Get advice from well-reputed and experienced international wealth managers regarding your financial affairs

Travel insurance in Malaysia

Enjoy stress-free travel to Malaysia