Close

Teacher Training?

Hello everyone,

I am Canadian and while I previously lived overseas in South Korea, I returned home a couple years ago. I am now looking to return to teaching overseas, since finding teaching positions in certain parts of Canada are very difficult.

I have a B.A. in Communications and English Literature and a B.Ed with a focus on the Primary/Junior Division (Kindergarten to Grade 6). I worked as a casual employee for an Early Years Center for almost 12 years and besides teaching during my year in Teacher's College, I taught English for over two years in Korea. I am also current working toward a Library Technician degree/certification.

I'm looking at both Japan and the UAE as places I'd like to teach. I'm trying to get more information about orientation and training. Once I arrive on UAE soil, what type of training is given, if any? Will I have a curriculum given to me to work from or will I just be thrown into a classroom without any preparation? Will I be assisting someone else or vice versa?

I want to be confident about moving forward in my applications to the UAE so I'd love to get some feedback from those of you who have the benefit of experience. I still feel very much like a new teacher at times so some guidance is welcomed.

Expatriate health insurance in the United Arab Emirates

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the United Arab Emirates

Moving to the United Arab Emirates

Find tips from professionals about moving to the United Arab Emirates

International Wealth Management

Get advice from well-reputed and experienced international wealth managers regarding your financial affairs

Travel insurance in the United Arab Emirates

Enjoy stress-free travel to the United Arab Emirates