Here I come

Okay guys! I got good news today that I may be settling on my house sale in the next 30-45 days. I have not locked in a mover. Any recommendations? I am not bringing much but wish I could put everything in a shipping container. I'm also bringing two boxer dogs and a Toyota Tundra. I will be staying with my buddy of 30 yrs in Carolina for about 60-90 days while I buy a two-unit in the metro area. Once settled in there, I plan to purchase land out west and build. I would appreciate all comments, concerns and recommendations about this move (especially from Rey P). Fire away gang!

Congrats Sean!!!!   Where out West do you plan to build?

Congrats on the upcoming move.
One concern, if you buy a 2 ubit place in San Juan area and then build in land on the west side, you will likely be spending 2 1/2 hours each way commuting between them. Will probably end up getting a maintenance/ management company to run one of them as you will not have time.

You may want to go with you pack for the move. Where are you shipping your goods, to your friend or putting it in storage until you buy?

Thank you! I am thinking in the vicinity of aguadilla. Moca appeals to me. I want a little solitude and the ability to spread out on many acres or cuerdas.

That's the plan for the 2 unit, to eventually rent it out completely. I want to have a few rental properties and one in metro San Juan will allow me to transition better, especially since I will have frequent trips back to philly, in the beginning. As for my plan for the house contents, a small storage unit. I'm really trying to reduce my belongings to little as possible and not impose too much on my friend by taking over his marquesina. (Jajajajaja)