The problems with Mauritius Franchises

It is the same issue I had today that others have had with the Fast Food Outlets in Mauritius in that you expect the 'BIG-BRAND' quality and service that the Franchise is showing the logos etc.

However my experience is not with Fast Food it is with an international parcel delivery company.
I should say an International company with a company in Mauritius as their local representative.

As per the international group I got the tracking number for my parcel , which is not that big it is software in a dvd case probably packed in a jiffy bag. 

Of course the company wants you to feel that they are providing the best service by letting you see where the parcel is in the world.  My parcel went from Germany to Paris and arrived in the Mauritius depot yesterday.  Ok  I thought i would get it today.  Checking the 'COMPANY' tracking web page yes i saw it was checked out of the depot and was going out for deliver today.  This was timed at 07:55 this morning so it had all day touring Mauritius to get to me.  Well at 6:26 nearly 11 hours later i get a message say the delivery has to be re-scheduled but they cannot give a date.

No phone calls or e-mails or messages in-between to say what was going on.

So I thought this is bad for an international company that is in competition with others to deliver promptly and on time etc etc etc.

So I looked for their contact details in Mauritius and that is when the 'rupee' dropped,  The local office is not that of the International company but the details of their local handling company or franchise.

I have e-mailed them to complain about their lack of communication and told them that i want my parcel by 13:00 tomorrow or I escalate the matter with the proper company and the CEO.

Because Mauritius is a small island some of these large international companies want to set up here but find the process probably very complicated so what do they do , they get a local company to operate for them and pretend that they are really here.

Update on the parcel delivery
After i said that if i did not get the parcel by 13:00 on Friday that i would contact the company head office and CEO to report the franchise the parcel arrived at 11:45

Perhaps they will take care now