Living in Alberta

You are an expatriate living in Alberta, or you used to  work and live in Alberta.

Share your expat experience!

How would you describe life in Alberta?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find a job, and an accomodation? 

Is it complicated to make friends in Alberta?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Alberta?

Thanks in advance for your participation

For all information for foreigners looking to Alberta:

www.albertacanada.com/immigration

The province is still looking for many types of workers despite global economic downturn, especially in healthcare services.

I wouldn't live in Alberta, this is one of the most unfriendly city in Canada.

Living in Alberta means meeting diverse nationalities. You'll be able to learn various cultures, traditions, and lifestyles.

With this kind of environment one will learn to respect and be open-minded. There will be many new things that you haven't experience. Stay positive and friendly and you'll learn to appreciate your new home.

In my experience, the outdoor is the best way to spend your day in spring and summer. It is also the best opportunity to mingle with people from all walks of life.:)

Health Care Aide Programs,in my opinion, is attracting many applicants/students because of the many opportunities waiting for them upon the completion of the program.

And in just a few months of studying one can enter the workforce. If finance is the huge obstacle in getting into the program, various schools and even the government will come to your aid and help you deal with the monetary stumbling block.

http://www.health.alberta.ca/profession … grams.html

what is living in Canada like?

Is Libya visa free to Canada?

fatima2013 wrote:

what is living in Canada like?

One can have various opinions on this topic depending on where they come from. If you're from the East, to be specific, from Asia, you'll definitely have a mix perspective of life in Canada--that is--good and bad.

One common phrase I often hear from people, especially Asians, is that life in Canada is a fast phase. Today is Monday and before you know, it's already Friday. And you would ask yourself what just happened for the past few days?

I somehow can relate to that. Things are somehow monotonous--but that's a choice, and so is how to deal with things--slow or fast pace.

Try to do something different each day or plan something for the weekend, anything that is worth your time. Otherwise, your days would just be about work. Even on weekends.

If you want to live in Canada or any country, learn to have a balance life. Strive for it. Wherever you are, with the skill of engaging in facet of life, amidst the hustle and bustle, you can appreciate every thing around you. Even little things.

Hy to everybody, my name is Edward Jansen , a dutch man, 40 years old, living and working in Belgium as an experienced busdriver now.
Half of a year ago, I was thinking of moving to another country to experience a new life. The thought cannot disappear until now. I don't  know why but Canada is my first choice, just love the country so much. At this moment I don't have any relatives in Canada. DO THEY NEED BUSDRIVERS AT ALBERTA ? any chance on a job for me ?
Before I post this, I already did some research about immigrate to Canada and the result showed that it's more difficult for me.
So I am here, and hoping you can give me some tips. How could you move to Canada? As a bus driver can i find a job ?
Expecting your reply and Thank you in advance
Wish you all the best,Edward Jansen
You are an expatriate living in Alberta, or you used to  work and live in Alberta ?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find a job, and an accomodation? 

Is it complicated to make friends in Alberta?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Alberta?

Thanks in advance for your participation

my e mail  [email protected]

They are always advertising for school bus drivers , but that is not a good paying job because you drive the kids to school then park the bus the at 3:30 pm take them home . The city of Calgary hires bus drivers now and again but there will be a waiting list. If you can drive a bus you can drive a truck maybe a dump truck or a rock truck that is used on construction sites . They are always looking for drivers and when I worked in that business often a foreman brought me a new employee and told me to teach him to drive a rock truck, usually I'd show him/her what I did on the first trip ,then put them behind the wheel and after 3 trips ( maybe 15 minutes a trip) I'd call the forman and tell him the person was ok and I get out and they went driving the truck by themselves ,no problem ever ..
The thing about driving a truck that works with moving dirt is that the ground freezes solid in winter and usually you are out of work during winter ..
Good luck