Honesty

Soy un continental buscando una casa para comprar o alquilar en Puerto Rico. Hasta ahora todos los contactos que he encontrado son sólo tratando de hacer un dólar y me siento utilizado después de cada conversación.
     Seguramente hay gente honesta y intrínsecamente buena en Puerto Rico. ¿podría uno de ustedes, por favor, responder a este post.?

I am a mainlander looking for a house to buy or rent in Puerto Rico. So far all of  the contacts I have come across are only trying to make a buck and I feel used after each conversation.
    Surely there are honest and inherently good people in Puerto Rico. Could one of you please  reply to this post.

HI; My wife and I found a great rental in Isabela. What area are you looking at? have you tried the classifieds of PR? PM me, and I'll give you the link.

Hi Alcee,  I know a good agent if you are looking for waterfront but it is high.  PM me for that.

If you are looking in a specfic area, I think the most efficent way to find a house is to drive on every road in the area and look for "se vende" signs.  Talk to the local people, you may find a bargain and avoid the frustrations of agents who are lazy or unresponsive.   Good luck.

Alcee, This is an English Only forum, so lets stick to English, per the rules of the forum.

I am not sure why you have asked about the honesty of some people. Good and bad everywhere of the world. What sort of issue you have run into?

What exactly are you looking for?
Have you visited Puerto Rico extensively?
Do you know where you want to live in the island?
Are you looking for a house or a Condo?
Is the post for you or a friend (given the 2 languages)?
I recommend people rent for 6 months to a year before making any purchase decisions, this gives you flexibility to look for the right place for you and your family and makes it easier since you are here in the island.
Rey