Close

καλημερα σας and hello from Ireland

Hi there I am new on the Cyprus forum and I have a few questions.

I am currently living in Ireland (since 2005) after having lived in Greece, Thessaloniki before for about 4 years.

As things are changing I am considering moving towards my favourite country Greece again and would love to hook in into the forum.

When I lived in Thessaloniki, even it was my beloved city, I found it VERY hard to survive there with rent and job. Now I read that Cyprus is much better than the rest of Greece but still has the flair of it.

I am German, speak obviously fluent English and also fluent Greek. Maybe not AS fluent anymore due to having been away for these years but I am still very confident in speech and writing too. Also have studied it for years.

Now my questions.
How is it to rent and work in Cyprus?
I have years of experience in the tourism industry in Greece and also in Ireland (no diploma though) and also in translations etc.
How is it to live on a normal wage and being able to live?
Also I have a 12 year old daughter who does NOT speak greek but fluent english and German. She learns languages fast and easy. She would be going to a secondary school, grammar school?
Are they English also or only greek?!
And how is the health system, better than in mainland Greece?
And I would be bringing my car (also left hand drive from Ireland), how is the car insurance and the VRT ?

So many questions but a start :-)

Thanks

Expatriate health insurance in Cyprus

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Cyprus

Moving to Cyprus

Find tips from professionals about moving to Cyprus

Travel insurance in Cyprus

Enjoy stress-free travel to Cyprus