Massive earthquake in Mexico

Hello everyone,

Southern Mexico was hit by a massive magnitude 8 earthquake on Thursday night. Five people were reported dead. Aftershocks were also felt in Mexico City. A tsunami warning was issued this Friday for the whole South Pacific coast including neighboring countries such as Costa Rica, El Salvador, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama.

Mexico is also currently under the threat of two new hurricanes. You are strongly advised to pay a particular attention to latest news bulletins and instructions issued by local authorities.

The whole Expat.com Team joins me to express our heartfelt support.

Veedushi,
Expat.com Team

Veedushi wrote:

Hello everyone,

Southern Mexico was hit by a massive magnitude 8 earthquake on Thursday night. Five people were reported dead. Aftershocks were also felt in Mexico City. A tsunami warning was issued this Friday for the whole South Pacific coast including neighboring countries such as Costa Rica, El Salvador, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama.

Mexico is also currently under the threat of two new hurricanes. You are strongly advised to pay a particular attention to latest news bulletins and instructions issued by local authorities.

The whole Expat.com Team joins me to express our heartfelt support.

Veedushi,
Expat.com Team

Thanks Veedushi

So far so good The actual quake was pretty much in Mexico city area, not far from Guadalajara. So people in Morelia, Puebla, poss SMA, lake Chalapa, and San Luis Petosi might be impacted. I have started checking around.

I noticed it and got dressed and waited for awhile before going back to sleep. There have been lesser quakes near Veracruz, and of course they have Katia to deal with.

There have been quakes of 8 in and around Mexico city before, after all it was built on a lake and has been sinking a little for years, We can only wait and watch.

Our hearts and blessings go out to everyone who live in Chiapas and the local areas. We will be thinking and praying for all the families in the area. God bless to everyone.