Close

Tourist Visa to Residency Permit

I am planning to invite my 7 year old son here to have a vacation this coming December. So he needs a tourist visa. I will be picking him up to the Philippines obviously.

But when we decide to let him stay here for good, can i apply his residency permit here?
Both me and my wife are holder of Permis de Sedere as we are working here in Romania.

Please advice.
Thank you!

ExpatPH :

I am planning to invite my 7 year old son here to have a vacation this coming December. So he needs a tourist visa. I will be picking him up to the Philippines obviously.

But when we decide to let him stay here for good, can i apply his residency permit here?
Both me and my wife are holder of Permis de Sedere as we are working here in Romania.

Please advice.
Thank you!

Actually, you must apply for a C/VV Visit Visa, not a Tourist Visa.

In order for him to join you and receive a residency permit, he must first have a Family Reunification visa, applied for from abroad.  It should be fairly straightforward to obtain this from the embassy.  Typically, a C category visa (e.g Visit or Tourist visa) cannot be extended into a long stay visa or qualify for a residence permit.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Expatriate health insurance in Romania

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Romania

Moving to Romania

Find tips from professionals about moving to Romania

Travel insurance in Romania

Enjoy stress-free travel to Romania