Your Electricity... On Yet..??

I am told the even though power is on at my house, there are places around our area without power.   Don't know how wide spread the outage.

I'm guessing our power was restored quickly due to the fact the police station is very close.

Here's good article about PREPA. Not a nice outlook for the people of Puerto Rico..
https://theintercept.com/2017/09/12/in- … atization/

Another article: https://www.vox.com/2017/9/6/16262954/i … lectricity

Power returned to our little "pocket" as of about 10:45 p.m.!!! Yippee!!! It's so blessedly quiet without the roar of the generator.

Nanraughley wrote:

Power returned to our little "pocket" as of about 10:45 p.m.!!! Yippee!!! It's so blessedly quiet without the roar of the generator.

Happy for you!
Still no power here, I just started the generator...

I'm so sorry, Gary. Are you close to PR-909? Maybe the workers will find you soon -- I hope!

We're a little more to the northwest..
Rumor has it that they're working to get power in our barrio restored soon, maybe today. Let's see..

Still no power but to lift our spirits the Juncos mayor, Papo Alejandro, came to check on us and brought two trucks with ice and drinking water for all residents. He says he keeps pushing the electric utility company to restore our power.

May be off topic, but ain't it something FEMA is going to reimburse for all the repairs to the electrical system due to the hurricane. Maybe we will have better service and less outages after everything is fixed? LOL

ReyP wrote:
Elcalipocho wrote:

'One thing I did get a while ago for my phone were a couple battery packs and a solar charger...'

What brand solar power charger do you have?

Talked to people in Aguadilla, they say no power or water in the entire area.. 
I am supposed to go there in 7 days, but do not know where I can stay if all the services are down.
Should I try a nearby town like Mayaguez for a hotel?
This trip is to get renovations started on my house, so I really want to get the ball rolling.
Curious why the water would be out?
Is it reliant on electricity to turn pumps on etc?

Yes on water depending on pumps, also Electricity needed for water treatment.
I heard some places in Mayaguez have power and Cabo Rojo is not too bad, make a call before you go.
Places that have power may still experience shutdowns so they can repair some sections without personal getting killed during repairs.

I also have a friend in there. Good thing, the place where he is right now had been settled their water restoration and glad that they can use it for electricity blackout.

Justpeachyy wrote:

May be off topic, but ain't it something FEMA is going to reimburse for all the repairs to the electrical system due to the hurricane. Maybe we will have better service and less outages after everything is fixed? LOL

Well, it should be better after this, yes. What they're doing is for a large part the maintenance that they should have bee doing during the last years...
Positive side effect of a storm passing by. ;)

Well, power is back, 7 PM tonight. :)

The question is for how long. If the forecast is right Maria will make landfall and come straight over our heads a s a major hurricane, Wednesday afternoon.
Boarding up already planned for Tuesday..

Meanwhile we know that Maria most likely will hit PR this Wednesday. Let's see if the repairs are hurricane proof.. ;)

Gary wrote:

Meanwhile we know that Maria most likely will hit PR this Wednesday. Let's see if the repairs are hurricane proof.. ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Gary wrote:

:lol: I want to see how does hurricane proof looks like. and if its water problem from extraction, then they will repair it and do it like water extraction hurricane proof.  :D Hope that work out.