Language schools and employment in Belgrade

I am moving from New Zealand to Belgrade in June 2012. I have lived in NZ for six years. I'm originally from the UK. Can anyone guide me in the right direction for a good language school where I can take a part time Serbian language course? I speak basic Serbian but am keen to learn more. Also are there any good web sites for employment? Thanks and can't wait to get there.

Hi mserb,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you about your queries.

Concerning employment, i suggest you to post an advert under Belgrade classifieds > job section.

Wish you good luck
Christine

Online Serbian course!
  pal.edu.rs/kursevi/serbian-for-beginners/

That depends on your preference in learning.  Do you want group, one on one, online, etc? 

I have recently purchased course and grammar book with exercises from Azbukum.  Azbukum is technically located in Novi Sad but also holds classes in Beograd.  They offer online classes, also.  I'd google them online as I cannot remember the site address off the top of my head. 

Good luck!  It's a bit tricky out there with the language courses. There are a few others, too!

If you wish, email me: [email protected] and I can help you find some of and put you in contact maybe.

Cheers,
Kiki

I was on a summer language program with Azbukum in Novi Sad and thought it was pretty good. Definitely intense. They also offer courses in Belgrade. My Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian professor in the States (Bojan Belic) says they're the best in Serbia.

Glad to meet someone who's gone thru their program and liked it!  Everyone I've met that's gone thru the one I did feels the same way I do. I wish I would have found Azbukum before I took the other course.  If I have the money I will taking an intense course this summer, but that all depends on money.

How much is an intensive course in Azbukum? How to study from Bgd?

Not sure. You can contact them for pricing.

Best is to contact them.  They will be running an intensive course for pre-intermediate/intermediate level in June if I remember correctly.  They have other courses throughout the year also. Pricing depends on whether it is one-on-one or group, also.  Just email the address on the website and either Nataša or someone else will write back.  :)

(moderated: please avoid copy paste msg + post in the classifieds)

For jobs try visiting sites like:

http://poslovi.infostud.com/http://www.reed.co.uk/LocalJobs/Serbia

Found these 2 mentioned on more forums, so it might be worth checking out. You can also type "job in Serbia" in your browser :)

I am very glad it was helpful to you Lana! Wish you all the best xxx