Period to stay in Brazil Continues OR Breakdown?

Dear Friends,

I gotta one Question, If you are married with Brazillian national and you have permanent residence Visa the ONE YEAR duration that is needed to stay in Brazil should be continues or i can stay like 4 months once, then 4 months then 4 months making a complete one year.

I hope you got my Question. Kindly guide me in this regard

Thanks

There is no one year period with permanency. You can come and go as you please. You just can`t be out of the country more than 2 years or your CIE will not be valid and you will have to do the process again.

Jim

Dear Jland thanks for your reply but I think you not get my Question.

I asked that as we know to apply for Brazillian passport one should stay inside Brazil for one year. That one year should be continues or suppose i stay in Brazil 3 months once then 6 months then 3 months so it will sum up to one year and I can get Brazillian passport.

Umarzahidkhan

I didn`t understand your original question because you never mentioned about getting a passport.

In order to obtain a Brazilian passport you must first naturalize as a Brazilian citizen. For Ordinary Naturalization one must wait for 4 years from the date on which they were granted permanency before applying to naturalize (reduced to 1 year if permanency was based on marriage or on having a Brazilian child), and must meet ALL of the requirements of naturalization including passing a test of proficiency in the Portuguese language.

Only then can one apply for a Brazilian passport.

I don`t believe there is a rule about travel as long as you don`t stay out long enough to lose your CIE which is 2 years.

Jim

Dear Jim,

Lets be specific, I am married to Brazillian national and I am granted the permanent visa on 23 August 2017 (a sticker visa on passport) from Doha embassy in Qatar. Now I can apply for Brazillian passport (after passing the portugues test) on 23 August 2018 even i stay for 1 month in Brazil and get CIE then come back to my Job in Doha (This i understand from your reply with excuse if I miss understand).  My main issue is I am doing job in doha, Qatar and cannot stay continues one year in Brazil to get Brazillian Passport. And it have certain benefits for sure to get Brazillian passport noting that I am expat in Qatar too with Pakistani passport.

Umarzahidkhan,

You are allowed to travel out of Brazil. however, they may not consider working elsewhere as an acceptable reason. They will ask about your absence. if you are visiting family or taking a vacation they may accept that. If you are working they probably will not.

Jim

Thanks a lot  Jim for your guidance.