EP application processing duration

Hi. I'm new here. i just want to know what can i expect for the duration of my EP application.
Here is my situation.
I have a existing Working permit and our HR proceed on cancelling it before i apply for an EP.
I left malaysia on august 3 and send all the requirements on our HR ( exit stamp, amended work pass,resume etc.) on August 8.
now im still waiting for the update. I emailed our company and they say it is still on process.
I'm expecting they will give send to me the VDR this week but still dont have yet.
any expected duration for an EP application? and when is the more possible time i will get the VDR.

VDRs seem to be taking about 6-8 weeks at the moment. The time starts once immigration approval for the permit has been completed.

I am electrical site supervisor low voltage from India.iant work permit and work in Malaysia.How to be find it
Surender Kumar from India

My future employer is saying that they will issue the offer letter after getting the approval from government for work permit.
What is the expected time for this activity?

About 1 month (there are so many public holidays in September). Hopefully you have agreed the terms in writing for the offer letter content (because that is what the company is presenting to immigration etc. for approval of your candidacy). Indian nationals require a Visa with Reference and that will take a further 4-6 weeks after immigration approval.

They have not given the details of the employment and benefits, but they are waiting for approval, after that, they will issue the offer letter.
please suggest me, what shoulld I do?

Sounds a bit odd, because I thought the accepted offer letter (with proposed start date) had to be submitted with the application - but now the system is online, perhaps the process is different. It is definitely not a good idea for a company to get approval for terms that you have not agreed - it puts the ability for them to pressure you to accept firmly on their side. There are different categories of Professional Pass depending on salary and not all allow dependents to accompany.

To be honest, it is a shoddy approach and I can't help wondering whether they are serious or just playing a game. Or it could be they "forgot" they have to advertise the position before they can offer it to a foreigners. Who knows what is going on but do remember that some employers are afraid to give bad news and will just procrastinate and not speak up if there is a problem....... Same way a deadly silence starts when there is some "issue".

So perhaps you should be taking control and asking to discuss terms and conditions some time soon? Especially if you have not mentioned you have family to accompany you.

is there any way to check the status of process?
They are saying to me that we are waiting for government's revert.
I have passport number only.

Recently they have demanded the blue base photo n resume and I have submitted these just before 4 days.

This is the checker but I think you need an application reference number or the company registration number. https://eservices.imi.gov.my/myimms/PDStatus

They have informed about the salary and designation only.

Found this https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/application-status/ which says a passport number is sufficient.