Employment Pass Chances after once EP rejected

My EP was filed around 14 Aug and it got rejected today. MOM has given reason that EP quota is full for applied organisation. So more approval cannot be given for organisation since they do not have any more quota for more EP. My credentials are good and stands valid.

Now my EP will be applied again for same job with sister company which has around 500+ local workers and they have only 15 EP. They are exempted from posting job on jobbank as well. They have better credibility in Singapore as they are pure local based. They are under registered employment agency which is mentioned on MOM website.  They are offering me 6400 SGD fixed salary. I am Engg graduate and have 6 years 3 months experience and i belong from India.  My university is registered in mom website. What are my chances ? Last time it took 4 week to get final status ? so is it going to take same or it will be faster, since my details are verified last time.

I have never heard of an "EP quota" and don't think it exists.
But MoM does check whether an applicant employes too many foreigners without good reason. Maybe the rejection was because of this?
If the rejection reason was purely caused by the employer, you have good chances at another employer (unless MoM sees through the trick the company is trying to play here). Nobody can tell how long the approval process will take - plan on between 1 and 3 months.

beppi wrote:

I have never heard of an "EP quota" and don't think it exists.
But MoM does check whether an applicant employes too many foreigners without good reason. Maybe the rejection was because of this?
If the rejection reason was purely caused by the employer, you have good chances at another employer (unless MoM sees through the trick the company is trying to play here). Nobody can tell how long the approval process will take - plan on between 1 and 3 months.

should not it takes less time than earlier, since i have already gone through process once and my documents are already been verified. I know it depends but does anyone has any experience like this

rrranjan wrote:

should not it takes less time than earlier, since i have already gone through process once and my documents are already been verified. I know it depends but does anyone has any experience like this

You don't know which checks they have already performed and which not. In my opinion it would make sense to analyse the employer first - and reject without further delay when that fails. But nobody really knows the inner workings of MoM - and there is nothing you can do to make them faster.

Agreed with Beppi. There is no such EP quota exist at MoM. It has only S pass quota. Secondly, why do you think that the rejection of your application was due to company's over recruitment of foreigners? MoM don't tell exact reason of rejection. So, there could be other possibilities which we don't know. Thirdly, your application process will be faster as system has all the documents, so expectation of seeing result may be earlier than 4 weeks. Again, your application would be reviewed on its merit. Good luck

thanks Beppi & surya2k. lets see.

just fyi, my application starts showing up in search in 1 day itself, last time it took around 5 days to show up in search itself.  this proves surya2k comment that application process will be faster as system has all the documents but approval based on its merit.

I got exact reason for first time rejection. Mom mentioned that "you are not eligible to hire foreigner". What does it mean? Any experience on this. My new application will have any impact on it. Since observation is on organisation.

This means, as it says, that the employer is not allowed to hire any foreigners.
If MoM sees that your second application is for the same job, only through a sister company, they will reject that one to. Obviously they don't want a foreigner in that organisation and they don't like to be tricked around.

beppi wrote:

This means, as it says, that the employer is not allowed to hire any foreigners.
If MoM sees that your second application is for the same job, only through a sister company, they will reject that one to. Obviously they don't want a foreigner in that organisation and they don't like to be tricked around.

My current EP is not filed by sister company.
It is different consultancy altogether and noway related to earlier one. Only client is same.  I had a misconception earlier, i cleared it after talking to hr. So still my EP will get rejected or is there any chance of approval

rrranjan are they still going to hire you given that they cannot hire foreigners? If so, how will they approach this?

Update: There is a query came up on my application. MOM has asked some supporting documents about the contract, offer letter etc. My company is going to submit today. is it positive sign towards approval? how much time will it take more? Has anyone any previous experience on this?

This (MoM asking for additional documents) is neither a good nor bad sign, just shows that your employer did not prepare the application properly.
The processing time after that can be anything between a week and several months.

beppi wrote:

This (MoM asking for additional documents) is neither a good nor bad sign, just shows that your employer did not prepare the application properly.
The processing time after that can be anything between a week and several months.

I have asked same, they have mentioned me that there is no way they would have submitted offer letter earlier as there was no option in online filing. only education document upload was option.

rrranjan, any news?

not yet. Maybe by end of this week or maybe next week i will get any update

Got an update. They asked for one more document yesterday Project SOW and my company has submitted it. what are my chances now ?

Hi Surya. I had go through the post and replied. I saw you mentioned about s pass quota. Im a nurse from Penang which applied for s pass to ktph hospital since July. My s pass till now still in pending status. But my colleague applied same time with me but to mount alvenia hospital and she already get her s pass approved last week. Can you give me an idea..

Each application has its own merit, shouldn't be compared to any other application or applicant. If your application is pending that means it's still under review process. Have patience, good luck

Okay Thank you.

rrranjan wrote:

Got an update. They asked for one more document yesterday Project SOW and my company has submitted it. what are my chances now ?

@surya what are my chances now ? is it going to get approved or will get rejected

They asked documents and your employer provided as per their request. So, if you don't see any request further then they might be accepted the documents as an evidence. So, hope for the best. Good luck.

thanks Surya.

How can we check the spass status online?

You can call the automated MoM customer care number to know the status or check online if you know the FIN number (click below link):

https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLE … yAction.do

Thanks Surya2k!

Update :finally my EP approved today.

Congratulations. How long did it take altogether?

Congratulations!

It took around 22 days

It was on card when MoM asked for additional information, which means they are considering your EP approval but need additional information before confirming the same. Congrats

Congratulations!

Thanks. One question i have though, in my IPA it is mentioned 'declaration' under Medical Required. So do i need to go through medical or not.

Every new employee before joining a company in Singapore has to go through the medical check up (within the first week of his joining, if you didn't do check up before joining). It's mandatory. The selective clinics do that, will send report directly to the employer. Congrats once again. Have a wonderful time in Singapore.

Hi.
I am from India and it's been a year in Sg. I have completed my Master Degree from here itself.
As I was looking for a job to settle down my career in sg, I found one reliable company. The company applied for me Epass but unfortunately it got rejected. The reason for rejection which was stated by MOM was, my degree from India which was fine by college is not MOM recognised. After this my company helped me to go through the data flow option and after a month my result for data flow came positive. Which shows my in du an college is legit. Now my company have appealed for my epass along with the data flow result.
With due respect what are the chances for my approval of pass.
Thank you.

To get EP or S pass success, it has several key indicators such as educational background, institution, experiences, salary and job skill demand in the market. So, if Data flow conformed your certificate is legitimate so as the college or university then there are other indicators need to be cleared. As you didn't mention your salary offered, position, and experiences then I won't comment on approval chances. Good luck

Hi just wanted to know regarding this same topic:

Will MOM give you the reasons for rejection of EP immediately? Or should the HR follow up and contact them for next steps regarding the rejection?

Thanks!

MoM doesn't give any reason, sometime they give a oneline statement. You can figure out the possible reason.

Hello everyone
Esp mr beppi, mr surya
I just want to ask if normal that mom send letter to the company and ask consent and pasport copy of the employee, about personal information random audits? Bcox one of my workmate experience it now.. Mom send letter asking for consent signature and copy of pasport for random audit.. Usually mom send letter asking for cert copy with signature, but my workmate situation is only copy of passport and consent form they ask..

Thanks for the info!

Please do not send the same as above's post as PM to us. It is annoying!

I have never heard of MoM asking for consent (for what?) and a passport copy AFTER a work pass was approved. Might be some new auditing method to find cheats or wrongly classified work passes..