Consult about rent apartment

Hello everyone
I come from Thailand and I will go to Indonesia on December and stay for long term work for 3 years. I looking for apartment for rent and I found one but I don't understand something and want to ask all friends in this website.
1. I found one room but advertised in 2  agents in different rent price. (300$ per month and 200$ per month) I choose 300$ and he offer me he can negociate with the owner to include all expenses ( electricitiy fee, water use fee , wifi internet , tv cable and public service fee of the building) in rent price 300$ per month. That he can do like that or not ?
2 when we accept to rent and sign the contact we sigh with owner or agent agency ?
3 If we deal how much money I have to pay to the agent ?

Thank you very much
Noon

First up - All US $ sales for onshore business transactions are illegal and commonly aimed at foreigners with no clue about housing prices.

Google, "rumah disewa <area of interest> or search sites such as OLX.

Fred wrote:

First up - All US $ sales for onshore business transactions are illegal and commonly aimed at foreigners with no clue about housing prices.

Google, "rumah disewa <area of interest> or search sites such as OLX.

Thank you for your advice Fred but I don't understand you mean foreigners must do business in RP currency only ?

Does anyone here know Griya estate company from the link below

http://griyaestate.com/index.php/author … ouse-lofts

this agent offer property for rent in USD and the company look credible can I trust to deal with ?

thank you very much

Noon

The law here is very clear.
ALL onshore financial transactions must be in Rupiah, never in foreign currencies.

Next question. If locals don't use US$, is this company aiming at expats and, if so, why?

I wouldn't go anywhere near any company that worked like that.

Good morning Fred and everyone
Now I understood.
And I want to ask does anyone know or has experience with this company ?

"Griya estate" 

This company sale properties in Rupiah and leasing in $

Thank you very much
Noon

There are several estates under that name, all one off estates possibly owned by the same group.
Perhaps you could share a link.

I`ll also share one
http://www.straitstimes.com/business/in … ansactions
It explains how non Rupiah transactions are illegal.

Thank you very much Fred

Does anyone know more about this company ?

Thank you very much
Noon

Noon282 wrote:

Thank you for your advice Fred but I don't understand you mean foreigners must do business in RP currency only ?

Yes, if it's an onshore transaction (Unless someone quietly lifted the restrictions - happens here)

Noon282 wrote:

Does anyone here know Griya estate company from the link below

Totally missed the link before, sorry.

The places are so expensive because of where they are, a big expat area in the south of the city with terrible traffic. It's noisy (Maybe not 30 floors up) and much more dangerous at night because of all the clubs, boozing (I'm assured drug use) and prostitution.

Apart from the crazy cost of living there (OK if a company is paying for you), I wouldn't move in for a gold pig.

Next trick. Jakarta's traffic is terrible so be as close as possible to where you work, or at least on a direct transport link such as Transjakarta or train. Both are a bit like cattle trucks in rush hour but the savings on accommodation can be significant.

As a note, I pay per year not a lot less than most of these places are advertised at per month.
That's for a three bed place but not furnished.

If you're paying, shop around.

Next up - watch out for service charges such as security and rubbish collection.
Rp100,000 per month is common but you're likely to pay a lot more in expensive apartments.