Contract and iqama

Hello there my fellow expats i just need a knowledge about my contract and iqama, my contract will be finish on early of december and my iqama will be expired on february next year, my manager say's that i need to finish my iqama, is that right? I mean, all i know is as expats we are base on the contracts not the iqama, my question is, is it possible that i can go home on december? please guys i need your knowledge about this please do share it.
Thank you and god bless

Iqama expiry is irrelevant here!

Talk to them, else labor court/ embassy is your way out

You need your release letter and your exit visa. Once you've sorted that you can go home.
If your contract has come to its natural end then your employer should organise your exit visa.

1.2 Final Exit Visa

Sources state that foreign workers leaving Saudi Arabia must possess a final exit visa (Human Rights Watch 15 Nov. 2015; Emigra Worldwide n.d.b; UK 25 Mar. 2013) and that the issuance of exit visas is controlled by the employees' sponsor (India n.d; AI July 2014, 52; EUI and the GRC 2014, 7). Emigra Worldwide indicates that "all unpaid traffic fines, electricity bills, phone bills, etc." must be settled "well in advance" of an expatriate's departure in order for them to be able to leave the country (Emigra World Wide n.d.b). A document produced by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office for UK nationals working in Saudi Arabia similarly notes that in order to obtain a final exit visa, applicants must settle "all debts and fines," transfer any vehicles, cell phones, lines of credit, and close their Saudi Arabian bank accounts (UK 25 Mar. 2013). Sources state that in addition to possessing a final exit visa, the employees Iqama must be relinquished prior to leaving the country (Arab News 18 Jan. 2014; KFUPM n.d.b; PSCCQ n.d., 9). According to the representative from Helen Ziegler & Associates Inc., if a foreign worker leaves Saudi Arabia with an "'exit only' visa," it means that the foreign worker has completed his or her contract and the Iqama "becomes invalid" (Helen Zeigler & Associates Inc. 6 Jan. 2016).

According to the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office, fingerprints are taken at the airport, and linked to the individuals' visa, upon entering and exiting Saudi Arabia (UK 25 Mar. 2013). A document produced by the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA) states that "[s]ince all expatriate workers are now finger-printed on arrival, it is not possible to leave Saudi Arabia without a sponsor's clearance" (India n.d.). The Saudi Gazette, an English-language daily newspaper, similarly reports that fingerprint registration is mandatory for issuing both exit/re-entry and final exit visas (15 Dec. 2014).

According to Emigra Worldwide, the final exit visa is stamped in the passport with a "separate piece of paper stapled to the passport" (Emigra Worldwide n.d.b). The Saudi Gazette cites a spokesman from the Saudi Passport Department [Jawazat] as stating that after a boarding pass has been issued, immigration officers check the validity of the passport and visa, and then stamp the passport for departure (10 Dec. 2015).

According to sources, upon the issuance of a final exit visa, the employee must leave within 60 days (US n.d.; EUI and GRC, 7). According to the KFUPM document, the individual must depart "on the authorized date" (KFUPM n.d.b).

1.2.1 Appearance

For a copy of a final exit visa, see the attachment to this Response. Further information on the appearance of exit visas could not be found among the sources consulted by the Research Directorate within the time constraints of this Response. The appearance of exit/re-entry visas could not be found among the sources consulted by the Research Directorate within the time constraints of this Response.