How can I pay my suppliers overseas?

Hello Guys,

This is me:
- Arrived to Floripa in April 2016,
- Married a brazilian girl I met in my home country (Switzerland)
- Got my resident visa
- Opened up an e-commerce business
- Feel kind of stuck now and strongly considering to leave all behind

Why do I feel stuck?

I have a small business with which I import products from Europe and China and sell them online to consumers in the brazilian market. In order for me to get where I am now, I had to go through the brazilian gringo hello a few times back and forth. It cost me A LOT of nerves, time and money to get here.

I live in what most people would call paradise (Lagoa da Conceição in Florianopolis, Santa Catarina).  Everyone has a very laid back attitude, the weather is amazing, the beaches are awesome, there are a lot of activities you can do and it's hard to get bored. But for me it doesn't feel like paradise anymore..

Anyways back to my actual question: Does anyone know what possibilities there are to pay foreign suppliers for their products? I have everything set up: Limitada (Company), RADAR (Import License).. the only missing piece is the ability to send money overseas without limitations and high taxes.

I'm not willing to deal with customer support anymore and want to start selling exclusively to business customers, but in order to do so I will have to find a way to get the money my Business Customers transfer to my BRAZILIAN bank account to my suppliers FOREIGN bank accounts.

The only way I have found so far is by using a business bank account (which I finally got open last week after waiting for 3 MONTHS at Itaú). Yesterday after trying to pay my supplier using the business bank account for the first time, I saw an error message popping up in my online-banking software. I called my account manager which had assured me serveral times that I would be able to do these kind of transactions right away after my account was open. Today she informed me that I would take a minimum of 6 months until I could start sending money to foreign bank accounts using my business account.

I won't mentally survive another 6 months working B2C. I need to find a way to start working with local businesses as soon as possible or I'm out of this paradise that is slowely starting to feel like hell..

Thanks for reading,
Diego

Hello Bro,

Have you tried transferwise? It's a good way to send money abroad and also cost-effective. I understand that you can also effect transfers to your personal accounts abroad( you can have payments send to your account and then make payments to you suppliers or you can have payments sent directly to your suppliers).  transferwise.com/br/

Pay with your ass, all you gotta do is bend over buddy

welcome to Brazil :D

I should be able to help. I work with financial services for foreigners in Brazil. Let me know if you want to speak on the phone initially.

Sachin

Mr Bacon's gonna have at your bacon!