Can you work in the DR call centers with a USA passport?

Hello does anyone know if you can work in the dominican republic call centers with only a passport?

do you know of any call centers hiring?

Welcome to the forums and no you cannot honey. YOu need residency and a cedula to work.

You may also work if you have an NM or NM1 business visa. But you will need a work contract to obtain it. Also the company wishing to hire will need to serve as your guarantor.

But, in most cases it is preferred that you have residency and a cedula (State ID) to lawfully gain employment at a call center.

Call centers will only sponsor senior level managers and tech staff!

Dont work at a call center if you still wanna keep your hope in humanity, plus gringos are too d racist.

May or may not be true but it clearly was not the question!

First check out how much you could make in one, then get back to us.

Oh yes, such a good.point!!!!

a friend of mine is hooked up at his own apartment in puerto plata to make calls for a center in canada, i think this is the new way to go. Work from home.

I am definitely looking into telecommuting, virtual assistant work and/or medical transcription (from home). Many of us still need to make $$ to live in the DR....or try to.

Lots of folks here "work from home" on the internet.

Bob K

Ceduela?

Beecks please do your research as I suggested in your other post.  A cedula is you national ID card (like a green card in the US) and you get it with your residency.  Your residency process can be $$$$ and must start with paperwork in your home country.

Bob K