Bringing a family member here for work

Hello everyone good day.
I am a Filipino working here in Malaysia for 3 yrs.I am planning to bring my husband here to work with me we will be working together in one company but I dont have any idea what to do for his papers, like working permit. Any idea please..

The company that will employ him must apply for either (1) a Professional Pass or (2) a foreign worker Employment Pass for him.

In fact, it is exactly the same process they need to follow, as when you got your first PP or EP. There are different systems for each type of Pass.

Basically, the application has to be arried out, while he is still outside Malaysia (for both types of Pass).

Even though holders of Categories I and II under the PP system can have family members on Dependent Passes, those people cannot work. The rules under the EP (foreign worker) system mean there are no DPs.

That is why a full immigration procedure by the employer to obtain one of the types of work permit (PP or EP) is required, in your situation.

Thank you so much....Can we ask help from the agency to do this?

Usually a very expensive option. The employer must arrange. In fact, leave it to your employer to suggest an Agent and ask to get a quotation of the cost before you agree. (That is, if the employer is going to make YOU pay the fees and levies e.g. RM7-8k).

Getting a PP is the best option (Category III) and the employer can do this online. It costs next to nothing. https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/esdguidebook-v3.pdf  But this does require a university degree and you have not mentioned what type of work he will do.

The employer has to be involved in the permit processing for EP and PP. This is because there are requirements about the structure and paid-up capital for companies to hire foreigners.

How long will be the proccess for the 3 categories maam if my employer will manage to apply?

If we choose to do the EP maam how long would it take to proccess the permit?

Stage 1 would take under 1 month. But the company may want to ask for approval for a lower salary i.e. RM2,500 - RM4,999 per month - see the guidebook link provided earlier - page 23). If so it my take a bit longer. It depends how efficient the company is at getting registered with ESD and providing the required corporate information, as well as details about your hubby.

Thank you so much for the information maam..this is a big help...

If the job offer salary is RM5k and above, then Category I or II would be the best option. Category III is only to accommodate lower salaries. There are also some different terms and conditions with Cat III including cooling off period if wanting to change employer and a max of 3 years of contracts. So do read all this carefully.....:-)