What do you think nowaday people behaviour/ society?

I'm wondering how many people are concerning human life nowadays, how society or life impact our behaviour? What makes people getting sick and sick?

You are asking about three unrelated topics, one is social behaviour, one is respect for human life, and the third is why people get sick.
What is the point of your post?

beppi wrote:

You are asking about three unrelated topics, one is social behaviour, one is respect for human life, and the third is why people get sick.
What is the point of your post?

I was thinking the exact same thing  :/  Maybe OP could present a hypothesis and show the intent of the post.

I was totally confused when I read the OP this morning. So waited for someone else to comment. I'm glad it wasn't just me.

SIM- I've been hijacked 😂😂 you mirrored my planned response. I love life, I'm not sick and society is more interested in the screen of their smatfone rather than what reality presents itself within their field of view. Hope this helps. Fred- close this lol please!

Please don't ask for his hypothesis or point of view. Please no...,😎

I think they are connected and interrelated  I believe people behavior attitude have changed by many factors such as media and social media economic conditions desires needs and how they been raised a little rumor can set fire conflicts wars between countries a new trend on Facebook can make big arguments between 2 generations... etc
beside no one can deny that long time spending on Facebook can make you depressed feeling abandoned loneliness
also work and routine killing people
I don't know but I think all of those are connected

I'm unsure about life's link to Facebook though many a local has raised the ire of the Police through their posts and ended up in jail. I prefer reality , and less social media. It can also be said that social media has lead to good things as well (a balance). I still think this thread has lost its way.

The thread has not lost its way - it never had one!

Well, English is not Vincent's home language, so we have to cut him some slack. Vincent: give it another try.

Gordon Barlow wrote:

Well, English is not Vincent's home language, so we have to cut him some slack. Vincent: give it another try.

Thank you for existing Gordon   :cheers:

I live in the United States, and even though they here speak English, it isn't... I was raised by Brits and going to American school later in my gradeschool days was daunting - believe it or not, there was a language barrier - even one student said I spoke funny!

the American equivalent of English is hard - it is full of slang that even though I spent my whole life here I still have a hell of a time so YEA those who are learning any language some slack - the older you get the harder it is!

Vincent, There is a lot of good people out there, just sad that a lot of other people have gotten heartless and lac empathy but I still believe in the good

Related to being an expat there is an interesting theme developing in my home culture (in the US) that could either be clear evidence of the decay of society or the start into the evolution of human perspective.  I'm sure this won't make lots of sense to everyone but I'll give it a go anyway.

I'm talking about post-modernism, the view that everything is relative, that all aspects of culture and individual personality are really just conditioned options, and any other set of options wouldn't necessarily be better or worse, just different.  In one sense that's not a fair thumbnail sketch interpretation of all that post-modernism is doing but in another that really is the core of it.  One main complication:  I have problems with what comes after that set of assumptions, not with people accepting those assumptions themselves (which are usually only embraced implicitly). 

The gender issue works well as an example, related to connecting final views with underlying context, but in a sense it works badly because I don't care how people define their own gender, or what assumptions that rests on.  But on the one extreme (based on realism, which varies in different forms) gender is one of two innate settings, perhaps with room for anomalies, but then they would be regarded as such, as unusual cases.  At the other post-modernism informed perspective there really could be dozens of genders, any number, and acceptance of them is completely a choice.  Or fluidity could be acceptable, giving yourself space to pick up a different gender image every day, or hour to hour.  To make a long story short, either these represent normal variations in culture and underlying perspective (not really unlikely), or else evolution of really delving into assumptions that underlie different worldviews is starting with conclusions conflicting with each other, as in this case. 

It doesn't work well as a summary but I accept that "both nature and nurture" play roles in informing personal perspective and attributes, and similarly cultural continuity is built on lots of different things, it's not just habits and viewpoints that come up that someone could easily swap out for others.

It seems like the author was really talking about something else, why terrorism seems to worsen, or something like that.

I wouldn't call that post-modernism, but tolerance.
Or "I accept that all others are nuts!"

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR