USA Food coming w/expat... WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Hi, I'm flying into Manila, and then later to CDO.

And, I'm bringing 3 luggage with me filled with 'FOOD' from the USA.

at this S&P in CDO  (see video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYfWoyB6Vk )
....they are selling imported Tillamook Cheese (2 lb blocks) for a whopping $64.27 USD  (3,289 pesos)

... I'm packing several blocks of 'Mild, Pepper jack, Sharp, Extra Sharp, etc.' frozen solid (but purchased 2 days before I depart Oregon, USA)....  with Dry Ice in the middle of them.

... I'm wondering if anyone 'wants some'....  (if yes, how about just 1900 pesos each 2lb?)  and tell me what kinds, and I will pack extra.?????

...................ALSO:

I'm so far packing 12 lbs. of the 'Hershey's nuggets' and some 'solid Dove bar' chocolates....

and.... likely a couple tubes of 'Japan Green Mustard' and other things.

so....  this is YOUR chance to get 'great USA foods for MUCH LESS than you'd pay on 'snob hill market' there.

....  Please respond by September 20th...so I have time to 'confirm' what you want, we make agreement, and I'll pack for a flight there a few days later.

....   OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS... a benefit to you all, and me too.

Again, this is a 'favor' to you guys and gals expats... not a business.   A good 'favor' for those 'long-termers' who miss certain great things.

God bless, and write VERY SOON!...

By the way I am from Salem Oregon. Plan on shipping 200lbs of Oregon goodies in late September or early October. So if any interest I would be willing to get specific things for anyone interested. Only mark up would be to cover small part of shipping.
lasvegan

Glad you're offering this to everyone.   Keep in mind, extra luggage weight costs, but perhaps you're shipping bulk 200lbs.  ?

Be blessed...  go Ducks ...and... Beavers

Yeah, shipping bulk.
Go Ducks!

... Good...  what's your end city?  (mine is CDO)

and...  let me share my 'duck joke' with you.  (safe for children and families too)

... there was a group of grade school teachers who were all Beavers fans.

.. so they decided to hold a Pep Rally at the school.

.. there at the playground all the children started rooting for the Beavers, except one little boy.

... . he just stood there silently....

.. A teacher became incredulous about this, and approached the boy:  "Hey, why aren't you rooting for the Beavers?"

.. The boy replied:   "well, Mom's a Ducks fan, Dad's a Ducks fan, so I'm a ducks fan."

.. The teacher blurted:    "What if your parents were imbeciles, what would that make you?"

... Oh..  the boy quickly replied...  "Then I'd be a Beavers fan!"

thanks for what you're doing for everyone!

hum.. what does freight bulk shipping cost per 200lbs?  (and import duties?)

... PS..  a little confession..   I love Oregon (lived over 15yrs there), but born a Buckeye... so during that championship game against the two OSU's... well...    you know....  mixed loyalties.    :)

Cheese sounds great but  $20.00 per pound sounds like a lot.

The price is estimate.   As the stores sell these USA 'high quality' two pound blocks for $64...  and 'old'

my take is to buy dry ice, freeze, pack, and pay extra weight on all 3 flights; incl. manila to CDO.

So price is an estimate.   Costs of dry ice, packing, luggage charges, and effort on the side too.

I'm considering 'spices'... with a friend, as these are low-weight, but 'might' be items not found or too costy there.

The cheese will be purchased days before flying out, frozen, then packed.

Any items people want, I recommend:  a. it be non-glass, non-can if possible.  b. optional of placing in 'freezer bags' to save space/weight.  and... sure, legal of course.. :)

PS:  why 2 lbs blocks of 7 kinds?   because with slicer, etc., a 2lber will last the user a notable amount of time, days or likely even months?...   and, it's more 'worth the effort'.   (which is why I'm not doing tiny quantity, specialty cheese or other items like glass jar pickles, etc. )  ... finally, local cheese in 2 lbs costs roughly in the $48. range per block; so again, 'healthy safe fresh cheese'... for 1/3 price of retail there! 

...fair enough

I'd love to have Harry & David's Royal Riviera pears, the ones grown in Oregon, not the Verano ones. I remember the first time I ate one of these. It was so good I ate a whole big pear. Didn't take long to make me realize the pears are natural laxatives. Haha.

I know you probably would not be able to bring these to the Philippines. I just miss having them. We order these during Christmas for ourselves and as gifts for family when we were still living in the US.

Hi FilAmerican ...

Okay.... some questions:

1.  would they be ripe and in stores now?....  I'll look for them later today

2.  would fruit be 'okay' to pack and bring the Philippines?  (would place in 1 of 2 large checking bags)

3.  and MOST important...  where are you... i.e. as to delivery...  (CDO?... MNL?)

Thanks!.....

David4Jesus wrote:

Hi FilAmerican ...

Okay.... some questions:

1.  would they be ripe and in stores now?....  I'll look for them later today

2.  would fruit be 'okay' to pack and bring the Philippines?  (would place in 1 of 2 large checking bags)

3.  and MOST important...  where are you... i.e. as to delivery...  (CDO?... MNL?)

Thanks!.....

Now that you mentioned about bringing fruit, yes it might be difficult to bring that stuff here without being questioned by customs.  No need to bring them.

Anyways, that was very thoughtful of you to ask for what other expats might be craving for but can't buy here, or if it is available, would be ridiculously expensive. 

Thank you.

Dear FilAmerican Mom,

May I counter-suggest any 1 or 2 of these for you and your husband, you and children:

1.  hygienic like Gillette razor blades, favorite kind of deodorant, lotion or other things
2.  Tillamook cheese, or some ground spice of some kind.
3.  a cell phone or something small (I hear phones are expensive there)
4.  chocolate
5.  ...

Again, the main question is 'manila or cdo' meeting for me to deliver?

hum.. other items:
6.  a new bible, for child or adult?
7.  some special kind of candy for children (liquorish, or ?)
8.  a prayer journal?

.. just some ideas for you all!   hum, could maybe have room for a new quality towel or something too?
(a 'high quality' thick 100% cotton bath towel, large, runs just $10 here, 5 diff. colors)

May the Lord bless and enrich you all with wisdom, hope, and joy in Jesus our Savior and life!
TDZ

UPDATE:

...  in researching such things as:

1.  placing cheese, etc. in bags, ... and the 'Customs' issue.

2.  the high cost of 'air shipping' even 4 lbs, then the customs charges...

I am canceling this offer, as to 'foods'.

As one expat felt $20 for a 2 lb Tillamook cheese was too much, even though the same cheese but 'very very old' sold in S&P and other stores there charge $63-64. per 2 lb block...    It is obvious that the uneducated 'look the gift horse in the mouth' and criticize without doing their homework as to air-costs, and costs for taxes.

As I'm setting Sept 24 as my date for final pack and flight;....   anyone wishing 'no foods' sent by me to them, MUST reply in the next 4 days (today is the 18th), in order for time to purchase retail here and pack with my own items.

....   FYI lessons for those flying into any nation for the 'first time'; as a seasoned person with over 30K flight miles to over 7 nations (other than Persian Gulf states), ... I offer these 'heads up'

1.  shipping to 'most' nations other than Greenway, UPS, FedEx and DHL; are often delayed from 2-5 weeks for packages sized 1x1 ft or larger; and of 10 to 100 lbs.   Most Asian nations do charge 'taxes' and FedEx, who works closely with the US Government, actively 'opens or inspects' contents to tell the rec'ving nation what's inside in order to give them the highest taxes.  NEVER use FedEx in USA or globally if your items are 'private'.

2.  The advantages of 'carriers' as to other expats is clear, but plan ahead and make 'exact type, brand, size, volume, etc' agreement, and be kind enough to pay any 'over-baggage' fair amounts for his/her arrival to deliver to you.  (we're talking legal items like hygenics, etc.

and a bonus...

3.  as some of us 'in the know' from departments in the US Fed, China (mainland, PRC), is a hotspot for 'mining passwords and data'.  so if you have a connecting flight to anywhere, 'pay a little extra' to avoid PRC airlines and layover customs.  They will extract, actively.   If you're a corporate buyer, as I have been, again, use 'new emails' while in PRC, and never old ones with friends correspondence, etc.   a global phone is better for 'confirming price negotiations' rather than a PRC bought phone.   This is not 'speculation', it's about your privacy.   Data is not 'often' used for a few corrupt officials immediate profit, but are used for 'larger issues'.   Again, fly to Manila but NOT with stopovers in PRC.