Setting up shop (a restaurant) - would love opinions

Hello,

I am new to this site and am currently not yet living in Vietnam, but my husband and I are looking to move and set up a restaurant in the next 2-3 years, we both have solid knowledge in this industry.

We have been to Vietnam, only a couple of short visits though, and obviously have to go back to investigate further. I just wanted to see if anybody has experience or opinions where the best areas are - we don't want to be in the city, rather in a touristy village, catering to expats/tourists. Also working with the local community and employing and developing youth.

Is the North better? South? Centre?

Open to tips :)

Thanks in advance!!

Hi I have good insights in this domain been here 17 years and this is my business drop me a line ***

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hi may name is nitin sawhney. I am from new delhi india. I am also exploring the same idea. So far I have been able to narrow down to two locations. Nha trang amd mui ne.
I have been talking to people about leasing it initially and see how it works . if you find any further info on this you can mail me at xxx

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct