Work Based Learning

I am a student of the university of Mauritius, I am doing the course Business Statistics with Economics and since this year's course is going to end in a few month, I was looking for a Job as Work Based learning. If someone could help or at least an advice where can I apply for a Job, I would be very geatful.

Regards,
Victoria

Hiya

I think it would be best if you looked on the job sites for Mauritius. Also get a list of companies that might be of interest to you, and contact them.

If you want something done, you need to make it happen!

Best of luck!

Hi,

pardon my ignorance, what's "Work Based learning" ?

Err, I guess a job in his field of studies or a job placement may be!!!

I would like to know about that term too. (if it is not what I thought!)

Julien wrote:

Hi,

pardon my ignorance, what's "Work Based learning" ?

It's like a placement. Where you work to gain further experience while pursuing higher education. You may be remunerated or not; that's to the management of the company where you "work"'s discretion!

Have a look: Work Based Learning

It's usually commom for those that go for professional degrees/diplomas etc rather than the more academic ones.

Thanks alisa_ram,

I guess it's the same than an intern ship ?

Yes pretty much the same.

I guess saying internship would have been much less mind boggling than Work Based Learning!;)

hello everyone,
sorry for this confusion but at the time i was typing just got blank lol :| and by the way thanks for your concern and help

Regards,
Victoria

Hi Victoria,

I don't know if it's too late, because  it's only now that I have seen your post. Are you still searching for a job? If it is so, you can contact me on my mobile(7417924) or by mail, [email protected]. I work in a recruiting agency, hope this will help.

Cheers,
Jorg