Alicante airport, reward for return of daughters phone please!

Hello, I recently returned from a 2 week stay in Mojacar, we flew to Alicante airport and drove down, anyway, to cut a long story short my 12 year old daughter, Poppy, left her phone in the rental car on the way back to the airport.

We used Firefly for the rental, they have confirmed that they have the phone and have issued a reference number for lost property, however, they do not send items out, they have to be collected and I am not planning on returning to Spain within the 90 days I have to collect the item and I do not know anybody local to ask or flying to Alicante within the next 90 days.

So, I am offering a £50/50Euro reward/incentive for a trustworthy person to collect the phone and post it out to my home address in the UK.

The phone itself is only a battered iphone 5 and not worth much more than the £50 I am offering for it's safe return, but, having paid through the nose for the 2 week rental at Firefly and an obscene amount of money to hire 2 booster seats (122 Euro each) I am not prepared to sacrifice the phone for their benefit so would rather pay someone for it's return.

Please contact me if you live close enough for it to benefit you, I will issue you with the reference number and my home address, I will need to forward your details to Firefly so that they can release the phone.  I will pay 10 Euro up front to cover postage, by either PayPal or bank transfer, your choice and the remaining 40 Euro's on receipt of the phone, I appreciate that there is some trust involved here and I promise to uphold my end of the deal.

I am happy to divulge my phone number once I am in contact with the volunteer!  I am also on Linkedin should you want to check that I am legitimate!!  I do not have facebook though!

Thank you and fingers crossed.

Andy Laird

Maybe someone who is going to Central Bedfordshire in the not too distant future, and is near or passing through he airport,  will collect the phone and take it to UK for you collect. 

Hopefully free of any payment

Best oof luck

@Andy

You might also want to drop a free ad in the CLASSIFIEDS--> Lost and Found section of the site.  Ads typically are not welcomed on the forums here, but I think the moderators will let your topic here stand given the predicament ;)

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

This is not lost or found per se. It is in the possession of the car hire company and the OP is seeking someone who will pick it up and get it to them,

Is that a breach of a rule ?

Hopefully I haven't offended anybody, my aim is simply  to find somebody that lives or works close enough to the airport so that the £50 appropriately compensates for the inconvenience.

In anticipation