Bringing car (or two) with us to Turkey?

Dear All,

I wonder if you could help me please.

Background
I am moving to Turkey later this month with my partner to start a new job. My new employer have informed me that we will arrive on a 120 day visa, on arrival they will begin arranging my work permit and residency as well as the residency for my partner.

Whilst I have read other posts here on expat.com and other recommendations elsewhere online advising not to trouble myself bringing the car with me, I would however like to bring one at least with us and have the following questions please...

Queries

1)
I have identified a shipping company to ship the car, but who/which Turkish organisation must I apply to, to legally bring the car into Turkey please? Is it Touring and Automobile Association of Turkey (TURİNG) or the Turkish Ministry of Customs?  On http://ggm.gtb.gov.tr/frequently-asked- … d-vehicles it suggests that the vehicle will need a carnet?

2)
Is it correct that Turkish customs will only release my car (that is in my name) once the work permit / residency has been issued in my passport as it is an 'accompanied car'? Or can I get it released before the work permit has been issued?

3)
How soon do Turkish MA/MZ plates get applied to the car?

4)
I will be working, however my partner will NOT be, she will be a foreign resident only. Is she entitled/can she apply to bring our second car (registered in her name) into Turkey 'accompanied' to her passport. Or is that only applicable to foreigners with work permits?

5)
I'm seriously confused by the 185 day clause. We will have NOT entered Turkey in 185 days prior to our entry, nor are we dual citizens of Turkey. If say my work permit is valid for 2 years, can the car stay here  'accompanied temporarily  imported' for those 2 years or are we restricted to drive if for 185 days max?

Any help you can offer would be hugely appreciated! Thanks for your time.

Dear mblover,

You can import your in turkey. But tere are a lot of rules. You can't take ma plate without working permit. You have to show some docs. I want to explain all car rules but it's ver long story. Firstly, what do you want to do for your car?