Moving to Malta.

Hi everyone,

I've only just registered with the site as my wife and I are moving to Malta over the next couple of months.

Been reading through a lot of the info on here which has been great. Some great stuff on ID cards, utilities etc, but can anyone tell me if you need a TV licence in Malta? Probably a strange question, but it's only just come to mind.

Also can anyone recommend a good shipping provider. We're not moving a lot just a few small items too big to fit in a suitcase.

Cheers.

No tv license here.

zoff2304 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've only just registered with the site as my wife and I are moving to Malta over the next couple of months.

Been reading through a lot of the info on here which has been great. Some great stuff on ID cards, utilities etc, but can anyone tell me if you need a TV licence in Malta? Probably a strange question, but it's only just come to mind.

Also can anyone recommend a good shipping provider. We're not moving a lot just a few small items too big to fit in a suitcase.

Cheers.

Do not sign up to a local TV package with GO or Melita, you will regret it!
If you want to watch TV get a Mag Box or a good Android box and use an IPTV service which will cost you anything from £5.00 up to £30.00.
As far as shipping is concerned, as long as you have an address here you can set up an account with Maltapost 'Ship Low Cost' and they are quite reasonable, I would recommend using insurance as one of our items disappeared from the shipping crate we used!
Heavy duty corrugated pallet boxes or 1/2 pallet boxes are ideal for sending stuff and are available in any quantity from Packaging material suppliers.

When we first moved over here we used 'Intercargo' to ship our stuff and you can use their instant online quotation service with nobody contacting you with a hard sell! Make sure you select the cheapest/lightest form of packaging and put general cargo not personal effects.
http://www.intercargo.co.uk/

Ray