Introduction.

Hi expact community,

My name is John I was born in Ecuador but, I have lived in the USA most of my life.  I'm still looking for either Costa Rica or Ecuador to retired. The U.S is way to expensive to retired in.

Construct a workable budget and update it with realistic information. Aside from that try to predetermine what activities you enjoy or intend to partake in to make sure they are available in the specific area you are interested in.

It can be a challenge for non-working people to fill in the hours of each day in a foreign country and especially on weekdays. So try to make a workable budget and workable daily schedule and you will be ahead of things.

As for Ecuador, and specifically North Quito, it's a lovely place but it's definitely not the cheapest option and it's vital a person has social skills or it can be lonely. This is not to knock any lifestyle but I sometimes wonder what people living in small towns do all day, and especially with the knowledge that locals who moved from such places describing such as boring. I'm sure it's ideal for hermits but I mean in general.

Anyhow good luck, but keep what's stated above in mind, and hopefully you'll find the right place.

Thanks for the advice, will start planning.

How old are you

Angelo

52 but, I plan to retired at earliest age possible.