Student Visa Inquiry

Hi, please i have been offered admission for phd in a NZ university and want to apply for a study visa. i have some questions and wish someone could help. I reside in Africa.

1. My bank statement from my sponsor is from a microfinance limited. It a registered saving and loan institution registered under central bank in my country. Will it qualify for a suitable statement of funds though it is not a commercial bank?

2. If i pre pay my tuition fee and i am denied a visa, will the school refund the money for me?

Replies in RED

emmanarh wrote:

Hi, please i have been offered admission for phd in a NZ university and want to apply for a study visa. i have some questions and wish someone could help. I reside in Africa.

1. My bank statement from my sponsor is from a microfinance limited. It a registered saving and loan institution registered under central bank in my country. Will it qualify for a suitable statement of funds though it is not a commercial bank? if its not a commercial bank, it may not be accepted. You need to check it with the bank itself. Second option is, that you may need to provide financial guarantee letter to the INZ.

2. If i pre pay my tuition fee and i am denied a visa, will the school refund the money for me?
Only the university can advice you if the fees is refundable. Every university/school has their own T&Cs

Thank you very much schaz.

Concerning the refund, I inquired from the school and they said it is possible.

My application form contains the financial guarantee which i have to fill. Do you suggest i still use the microfinance account and fill the financial guarantee form. It is a genuine account though. Is there any other document i can add

emmanarh wrote:

Thank you very much schaz.

Concerning the refund, I inquired from the school and they said it is possible.

My application form contains the financial guarantee which i have to fill. Do you suggest i still use the microfinance account and fill the financial guarantee form. It is a genuine account though. Is there any other document i can add

Since you have inquired from your school, you should also inquire the same from the NZ visa immigration center (you may have the call center number, which is +6499144100.  You should be aware of the fact that no matter what your school / college accepts, the INZ go by their own regulations. Hence, it's better to directly check with the INZ.  If you're assigned with a case officer, then there is noone better then a CO could advice you.
If your account gives you a hold of transactions and financial authority, then there may not be an issue (again this is my own perception). You must check directly with INZ.