Security Parking

Hello,
i have a poor knowledge about security parking in Vietnam anyway  i park my motorbike(expensive one) in my building  and they give me  a parking ticket paper , so in case someone steal my motorbike what will happen? do i receive a compensation?  or ... 
The building don't give me any registration card for my motorbike meantime alla people live there received a registration card( a plastic card the confirm you registered the motorbike in the building)  maybe i am  just a renter not the owner of the apartment could be the reason .

I would appreciate if someone can make it more clear as i don't understand how it works so i can take some actions to protect it .

Thanks

Get your landlord to register your bike at the apartment building.

Hi,

Most places in Vietnam works in single layer of security.

Which means if you lose that paper, you are unable to retrieve your bike unless you can prove ownership. That piece is just a receipt that you "paid" to enter or authorised to park there.

As far as I know, no one has liability over lost of property. Including your building security. Going to the police usually ends up with "paying off" to get work begin to search for your bike but no satisfying results.

If its a valuable asset, you might want to consider getting a device that can remotely cut off the engine and you might want to consider adding theft prevention measures.

colinoscapee wrote:

Get your landlord to register your bike at the apartment building.

yes i done that step ...the landlord refer to me that the Management Building did not give to anyone that registration card instead it was not true ...i saw with my eyes all people receive it ...is sound strange!!!