Guest homes by riverside

Can anyone tell more about this area . Is a tourist friendly ? I'm planning to enjoy happy pizza and shakes so hopefully there will some nearby that can also deliver . Just anything you shed light on about riverside would be appreciated.

Phnom Penh. Siem Reap? Battambang? Kampot?

Phnom Penh

It's the tourist main spot in the city, the night market is close, most of bars are concentrated on this area , busy with tourist, close to the central market, as a young guy like you this is where you need to be first , you will love it !

Yes !!! Would love a clean 1 bedroom with  a balcony and semi good view for 200 dollars a month saw some online . I'm now decided to stay for 2 month but I will only pay for one month to see how I like before deciding to move to different apartment. Not including the rent do you think 2,000 is enough for 2 montg to live off comfortably?? Remember that's not including the rent .

Yes easy on 1000 a month you can travel the country and do fine

Hi my name is mike , I'm a newbi , thinking of comeing to live in Cambodia , I'm a chippy  ( carpenter ) I'm 60 but still pretty fit , thinking of trying my luck at reno's or maybe have a crack at a coffee shop / pizza house .... not to sure coming to look and relax , I'm from Airlie beach in QLD , but born in NZ .... so just touching base, hopping some one can say " HI ' and maybe help out in heading me in the right direction ....... cheers   Mike

Hey mike I live in Phnom Penh , I'm 60 also , retired, just living here for the last two years , good luck , any advice you need I would be happy to TRY and help with , I think you picked the right country!! I'm from USA , happy to say come from !

Thanks mate ,it's all a bit up in the air at he moment, but have to start somewhere...... but thanks very much and would like to stay in touch , do you think the Reno thing would work , but then really need to be there to scope it all out , is there anyone doing that sort of stuff ?     .....mike

I'm not sure about the business thing, but I know my way around pretty well, and there are some smarter guys than I in regards to business on the site, good luck to you

$200 a month Riverside.....will be an unfurnished dump.....Apartments for montly rentals are as rare as rockinh horse shit.
Mostly landlords want 12 month contract...some will be 6 months.
Suggezt you try a room in a guest house or two and get your feet first.

Its as far as you can get from Omarama!

Am Kiwi living in Riverside for last 3 years

Yes on he riverside it is a dump, we have one on the opposite side of the river, just a shared room in a new house , not riverside , but fantastic for a single woman, but if it's on the main riverside , I rented a nice place for 500 , 300 is minimum,

Hey if you can walk around and look there are so many rentals near riverside, and if you want three months and it's 350 , I just offer 900 up front , hard to turndown, I rent the same condo , second year, and I pay 6 months up front, its a fantastic bargaining tool, of course you must be committed to that place! 178, 172 near Kandel market, I'm near independent monument, it's really cool in that area , 300 should get you a nice place!

Are there any areas you would recommend not renting in? I am only fsmiliar with the riverside area up to Toul Kork.

Not really, most areas that are not close to town are still nice , but far from town, most expats go to the Russian market area, its more reasonable as far as price goes, I live by the royal palace I love it 178 , 173 all this area has many rentals , you should be able to find something in between, I can walk to riverside in 10 minutes , look around central market , near aeon mall, independent square, Russian market will have the most rentals , although it's a little ways from riverside , but has stores restaurants, contact me I have a great agent who finds the perfect place for me and at no charge , the landlord pays the realtor, I'm not allowed to put his name on this site but if you will contact me when you arrive I can line you up with a guy that will be able to find you something in one day, but many of the rental agents on this housing forum will be able to do the same , many many rentals in Phnom Penh never a problem finding a place don't worry!

Yeah I have been looking and plenty of places to rent. I was just wondering if there are areas to avoid. Thanks for the info

I personally don't know of any bad areas in the city , it's just location, there are many districts, I would suggest you get into town away from the airport, it's nice but too far from the action, otherwise just walk take a tuk tuk and there are more rentals than renters , bring as much cash up front , you can bargain with cash, also one main thing MAKE SURE ALL YOUR $ bills are in good shape no tears , even a small one they will not take it I learned the hard way , no need for you too! Go to the bank and get clean bills , most businesses will not have change for 100$ get as many 5 s and ones as possible , use 100s for rent

Yeah I remember my first trip I haf a 100 that I took back home lol the corner was barely torn. I have a Bank acct there already at ABA and they seem to be a little more flexable on worn bills.

Yes sounds like you are prepared , good luck , cambodia is a wonderful place for expats , have fun