CCT VS TCT Question

My understanding is that some centrally located condo projects in the CBD, like Alveo's Gentry in Makati etc are all CCT to the buyer. Understandably there are TCT condominium projects in districts further out. Does purchasing a CCT condo in a centrally located commercial district disadvantage the buyer in anyway when reselling? I would think not given all neighbouring peer comparables would also be CCT. Or am I missing something here?

Hi Vivnay, 

Please forgive my ignorance, but could you explain the meanings of CCT and TCT?

A Transfer Certificate of Title a.k.a Deed of Sale or Deed of Absolute Sale refers to the property title of a land (with or without a structure built on it) with its geophysical location, measurement, registration number and name of the owner. Furthermore, TCT authenticates the ownership of the land as well as the air space in it (physical structure) and shows the previous TCT's that were legally cancelled due to a change in ownership (This process is called the title transfer).

One way of finding out if a TCT is legitimate or not is by going to the Registry of Deeds and verifying for yourself if the title is clean.

A Condominium Certificate of Title on the other hand certifies the ownership of a condominium unit. A CCT states the unit's geophysical location together with its measurements, floor number, unit number, etc), the name and developer of the condominium, and the name of the owner of the unit. The difference of a CCT and TCT is that the former only owns the air space of a property (e.g. That specific condominium unit specifically located at the 19th floor of that specific condominium). Therefore, if you are a condominium unit owner, your title should be that of a CCT while if you are the condominium developer, your title should be the TCT.

Now i think I just answered my own question..Only condominium developers can be holders of the TCT, unit holders will always be CCT regardless of nationality.