New here: Looking for a job

Hi, I am new to the country and this site and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of where to look for jobs here. Or events where I could network.

Welcome on board and ahlan wa sahlan fi Al Urdun  :cheers:

Depending in which field you want to work, you can start looking at the jobs section above the page.
You can post your CV there as well.

Good luck in job hunting.

Thank you so much. I will check it out. I am actually a nutrition student and am trying to finding something similar in my field.

Hi aaghani,

do you have accounts on akhtaboot.com, Bayt.com and linkedin?
those three platforms are the most popular in the country.

as word of mouth is also pretty much the way to go around here I would find groups on facebook and register myself if I were you, I recommend big active groups like out&about, you can job hunt within the group and you will find out that mostly Jordanians are very chivalrous and will surely lend a hand and also you can use the group to network as they hold many events and activities.

also you can post on many other pages on facebook the specifics of the job you're hunting and you will get answers or be approached by employers. I recommend Nashama page. but you can surely find other groups and pages that might suit you better.

your best bit to land a job is to be actively seeking both online and offline and to have a eell tailored C.V.

Plus you can try finding an internship at one of the best companies around (you will have to research that, I have little experience in your line of work and do not have any company in mind to recommend)

One last thought, try to be available at King abdullah's business park, especially at zain's ZINC space within it, many events, activities, opportunities and active people can be found there. you can both effectively network and job hunt there while enjoying a good atmosphere and free internet to power your search.

Good luck and do let me know if I can be of any help.

Peace, light and happiness.

Zeid

Saw you're into writing, maybe you could check Upwork? I work on there as a freelance writer and they alway look for native speakers.

Networking.. I'd check internations events, those are probably the best to find contacts..

I'm an avid hiker so let me know if you're up for a hiking/camping trip. Probably going to Dana after Eid.

Hi Royal Duke,

I am a hiker myself, do you arrange your own trips or do you go with prearranged trips with  groups and such?

Oh and btw thanks for the tip about upwork, although the betting system is really making it hard to actually land anywork.

Best,

Zeid

Hi zeydK,

I usually go with local hiking groups but I do arrange/join smaller groups of friends or new people I meet sometimes. Check "Walking Jordan" and "Jordan trails (Social hiking)" on Facebook.

Yeah, bidding sucks on Upwork. I did land jobs on there, though, so it's possible!

Ciao ciao!
Talal