New comer to the island

Hi Everyone.

My name is Tasha. I have just moved here from South Africa. I am a Pharmacist working in Grand Bay.

As per usual for new comers, if anyone could advise me on the following, I would greatly appreciate the help:

- Areas close to the Grand Bay area suitable for renting a one bedroom apartment.
- Reputable Car dealers
- Things to do in and around this area (classes, activities, hobbies, interesting sites)
- Closest Mall?

Thx
T

tash26 wrote:

Hi Everyone.

My name is Tasha. I have just moved here from South Africa. I am a Pharmacist working in Grand Bay.

As per usual for new comers, if anyone could advise me on the following, I would greatly appreciate the help:

- Areas close to the Grand Bay area suitable for renting a one bedroom apartment.
- Reputable Car dealers
- Things to do in and around this area (classes, activities, hobbies, interesting sites)
- Closest Mall?

Thx
T

Hi Tash,

Welcome to Ile Maurice!!

Areas around Grand Baie for renting apartments are probably in Grand Baie itself, Grand Gaube, Pererbere, Mont Choisey, Trou Aux biches, mebbe if you strech it Triolet. http://www.lexpressproperty.com/en/. this should be of help, its the best site for rentals., and best part is, its in English!!
You could have a look at the classifieds section of the blog ( on the menus to your left).

Reputable car dealers.. You have a few in Port Loius. .

Grand Baie being a Tourist Village, has a lot of activities. Prominent among those would be water sports, beach activities. There is a Horse Riding place near Mont Choisey. Lot of expats i know go on trekking-mountain climbing excursions around the north. You would have to think of what activities you want to do, and then check if those are available around, that would probably work the best!

-Closest mall ---> Durban, South Africa or Baggatella, Pailles Mauritius-October 2011!!

There isnt any yet that can be classified as a mall. You do have shopping centers and shops around sunset Boulevard.

I am not that faimilar with Grand Baie, but I am sure those expats living in Grand Baie will be able to give you a more accurate Picture.

Hope this helps as a starter!!

Cheers,
Musheer

hello tash!

my name is onyx I am planning to work in Mauritius after 3months as an optometrist,I just want to ask if you are  living in mauritius already,hows life there? and also the cost of living is it expensive as a pharmacist?

need your advice,thank you.

onyx

Hi there,

I am already here in Mauritius in rose hill.
Can anyone guide me how to go to Albion beach,For Photography taking Pictures of the view and the Sunset? or in wolmar or flic en flat?

needed your help friends.

Thank you,

Onyx

Hi Tash, Around SuperU, you will find many single room appartments.

Still if you havent found anything just let me know, will give you some exact addresses.

Onyx, it's super easy to get to Albion from Rose Hill. There are direct buses behind the market in Rose Hill (not the bus station) that will take you all the way down to the beach in Albion.

thank you for the guide

jungleonyx wrote:

hello tash!

my name is onyx I am planning to work in Mauritius after 3months as an optometrist,I just want to ask if you are  living in mauritius already,hows life there? and also the cost of living is it expensive as a pharmacist?

need your advice,thank you.

onyx

onyx,
i am here now for a long vacation. i am from davao as well