Newbie Expat

Caio! My name is Leanne.

My partner and I are considering a move to Italy. It wont be for a few years yet, and obviously we have lot's to consider with brexit, but just here to look for advice, inspiration and make new friends really as I have no idea what I am doing or where to start.

In brief, I am a freelance website developer and my partner is a self employed sound engineer. Both in our 30's. Both fell in love with Italy and hoping to turn a dream into reality and not let an opportunity pass us by., before it's too late.

So, hello :)

EDIT: Oops. I thought I was posting this in the Newbie thread! My apologies.

Hi Leanne
We're Aussies living in Piedmont now for almost five years. Great to meet you and don't give up on your dream!!
ciao lisa

Thanks Lisa. From the responses I have seen on this forum,I was beginning to doubt my dream. I wont give up without a fight don't worry. I will make it Italy my home one day.

What made you move to Italy?

We lived in Italy back in 2005/2006 and returned to Australia then realized we should have stayed in Italy. We wanted a simple lifestyle for our children and as they are half Italian I wanted them to experience the culture first hand and learn the language.

We LOVE it here and won't move back to Australia now (although Australia is my heart, Italy is my soul).
just sent you a message

ciao ciao lisa