Lecturer at dire dawa University

Hi I am from India a, selected for dire dawa University as a lecturer .please share about the how's the life ,living cost and accomodation ,climate ..  please help me

Hi,

I am half Indian, born and raised in Dire Dawa. I am currently living in Addis. the City is small, hot and nice. the people are amazing. life is relatively cheap in Dire Dawa when compared to the capital city. I am sure you will love that place. You will find Indian architectures through out the city as it has that influence from the middle east/turkey and Indian traders back in the days. there was also Indian national school, which is now closed as the Indian community moved out. There are still Indian families living in Dire Dawa. One of the biggest hotels, Samrat, is owned by an Indian man. So enjoy!

Thank you .... Sir.... How is the accomodation in dire dawa  . . Because  I am very new ...is there any rented house availability.....

It has been almost 10 years since i have moved to Addis Ababa, though my family is still in Dire Dawa, so I am not quite familiar with the developments around the University. During my time, there were almost no homes around the place, but now i have heard its completely developed into a new residential area, and there are also new roads constructed. I am not sure if there are condos constructed in that area, but you can rent a villa if you have a family with you. I don't have exact figures on the amount it might cost. I can check my contacts for you if you want. When do you plan to move?

Hi I'm Habtamu Gemechu, who graduated from Dire Dawa university in 2015. Believe me life in Dire Dawa is simple easy. the people are also kind and educated though it is desert.

Habtamu1h wrote:

Hi I'm Habtamu Gemechu, who graduated from Dire Dawa university in 2015. Believe me life in Dire Dawa is simple easy. the people also are kind and educated though it is desert.

Habtamu1h wrote:

Hi I'm Habtamu Gemechu, who graduated from Dire Dawa university in 2015. Believe me life in Dire Dawa is simple easy. the people also are kind and educated though it is desert.

Hellow sir, from which states you belong to India, i am k b gavali from Maharashtra n planning to go in lecturership in engineering college or University in ethiopia, how you get the opportunity

Dear sir..... I am belongs to Karnataka state. There are two consultancies in Hyderabad , they are recruiting for Ethiopian universities....
1. Global placements
2.placewell hrd

Thanks for reply.
I aslo got a call from global placement hydrabad, i am going to attend it on 8th October.
How was your experience with global placement. Are you planning to migrate with family or alone.can you share your mail id so that we can talk
xxx

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct