Kindergaten

hello every1,please can anyone give me information on the prices of international kindergaten for my kids@ages 4&2,cause we are considering moving to bergen,and have not being able2get information on this online,pls i kindly await your response(s)

We are also looking into international schools in Norway for our kids.  I don't know much about the international school in Bergen but I know that it is non-profit and should be similar to the international school in Sandefjord.  The cost for the international school in Sandefjord for kindergarten is NOK 2330- a month.  The international school in Oslo is WAY more expensive!

We love the IB programs though!  We want our children to have an easy transition with English in their school, plus going to an IB school makes it easier to move around the world if you so desire!

Good luck!
StephanieR

Hi! We live in Bergen and my 4 yr old is in a Norwegian kindergarden, but all kindergartens in Bergen must charge the same price per month, whether public or private. Right now current fees are 2500 kr/ month, but we also pay an additional 275 kr / month for food (this is up to individual kindergartens, as with some you bring your own lunch and some provide lunches).

BUT, if you live and work in Norway you get almost 1000 kr per month per child, so this helps to cover some of that giant cost.

I hope this helps - please don't hesitate to send me a message if you have any other questions about living in Bergen.

You can email the international school to get the details from them. I have a (nearly) 2 year old, but am at home with her, although she may start at our local kindergarten part time after the summer.

Here are the contact details for the international school from their website isob.no.

Vilhelm Bjerknesvei, 15
5081 Bergen, Norway
Telephone: (+47)55.30.63.30
Fax: (+47)55.30.63.31
E-mail: [email protected]

Hi I work at the ISOB and the fees for the kindergarten are the same as any norwegian barnehage it is only once they move up into grades 1 and above do the fees become more.

[Moderated: no free ads please]