Live in Kilimani, work at UN?

Hi everybody!

I am moving to Kenya to work with the UN. Now I've found a really nice flat in Kilimani but I'm concerned it might be a bit too far away? I'll be taking matutu or uber every morning to work but how long would that take from Kilimani?

Thanks so much!

Belle

Kilimani you will be caught in traffic, look for houses in parklands, muthaiga or runda

Hi Belle,
Since the two locations are in opposite sides, you may face a big challenge with the Nairobi traffic. However, if it's a temporary arrangement as you gauge how it will go, then that is ok.

Job.

Too far and hustle-full

Unfortunately, you will spend a lot of time in traffic - possibly up to several hours a day, which would be very frustrating and not great for your health! Even Westlands would be better, but I wouldn't live anywhere further away than that.

I believe Runda is the best choice for you, and don't be in hurry, I was looking before I come and the internet to be honest not a good houses, better to come and then decide, but Runda is the best and check this website of UN maybe you can find houses for rent
http://www.unon.org/motd

This is a web site for UN leaving the country, so may be you can check for rent housing.

and I live in Kilimani, If you need help at the beaning, I know a taxi driver can pick up you, and also the place where I live it has a wing for furnished you can stay for couple of days till you settle down. but Kilimani its far from UN by 15 KM and Nairobi has traffic jam.

Have a nice day

Hi Belle

Thanks for sharing.
Kilimani is very far from the UN and you will be stuck in traffic for hours.
You are better off living in either westlands or Kileleshwa or depending on your housing budget you try runda, rosslyn or homes on kiambu road.

Best of luck If you need help with kileleshwa please let me know.

Cynthia

Wherever u stay, pls do not take Matatu!