Hiring a driver

Hello, sorry for the newbie question.  With what I've read, driving is a nightmare.  Do people ever hire private drivers?  It would seem that with the average wage in the DR being relatively low and unemployment high, that people would be available for jobs such as this.  I'm not keen on driving when new to an area especially when no one follows basic road rules.  I've read that uber might be coming.  That sounds like a nice alternative to shady taxi drivers, overcrowded buses.  Thanks for reply.

I am not sure about private drivers but I am sure you can find some.  You can hire private cabs on a regular basis and just call him when needed.  And yes Uber is here in SD and Santiago.

Bob K

If you want your own vehicle then yes, hire a driver.

Otherwise its called a taxi or Uber
Find one or two who you like and who drive wdll and keep em on call!

Good morning ,maybe I can help! then I go to the  Puerta Plata, DR. I use
Francisco Martinez <***>
cellphone number is *** honest, nice man and nice family, good value, tell him Stan Elliott fron USA said you would give them a low price.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please share this person's contact details through the private messaging system to preserve him from getting spammed.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Where is he based out of ...will he come to santiago and bring me there...

Moderated by Anas 5 years ago
Reason : For your own security,do not share your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
@TexasBornAndBred

Hello, my brother-in-law is an excellent driver who worked for one of the wealthiest families in DR.
Welcome to the forums. Please note this thread is over 4 years old. Pretty sure they found a driver 1f923.svg1f923.svg